Vivienne de Tabris
|Lady Vivienne de Tabris|
|this row only stops the spoiler from collapsing everything below it||and nothing more|
|Lady in waiting|
|Beauclair / Tourney Grounds|
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Vivienne de Tabris was Anna Henrietta’s lady-in-waiting. She was a tight-lipped, secretive, inaccessible person, but her beauty fascinated men. Geralt saw proof of this when he took a contract from Guillaume, who was in love with her and suspected she might be afflicted by a curse. In order to get an audience with her, Geralt had to take part in the knights’ tourney, where Vivienne was acting as the patroness.
- By following Vivienne and examining the evidence, Geralt discovered Guillaume was right. Vivienne had indeed been struck by a powerful curse before she was even born. This curse caused her to turn into a bird whenever the moon was out. Geralt listened to the story of the curse, then offered to try to lift it. He warned her that this would not be a simple matter. The curse could be transferred to another, but Vivienne did not want to agree to that. It could also be removed entirely, but then it was possible Vivienne would only have a few years left to live.
- If Geralt decides to tell Guillame about Vivienne's secret:
- Geralt decided to tell Guillaume what he had learned. Guillaume offered his help in lifting the curse – and declared he was willing to take that burden upon himself.
- Thanks to the information Geralt had gathered, Guillaume convinced Vivienne to let him take the curse upon himself. According to Geralt, the spell would have much weaker effects once transferred. Vivienne believed Guillaume had the best of intentions and decided to trust him.
- The three of them performed the ritual, lifting the curse from Vivienne. As for Guillaume, he noticed no immediate changes.
- Guillaume and Vivienne grew close. The curse caused the knight to grow feathers on strange parts of his body, but that did not bother him overly much. As for Vivienne, she was rather fond of them.
- If Geralt keeps Vivienne's secret:
- Geralt kept the information Vivienne had confided to him secret, even though Guillaume was determined to help her any way he could.
- Guillaume tried to convince Vivienne he only wanted what was best for her, but she preferred to remain independent. She and Geralt conducted the ritual together, lifting the curse.
- Vivienne felt free for the first time in her life. She decided to make maximal use of the time remaining to her and set out to travel the world.