Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Lady of the Lake (nymph)
|Lady of the Lake|
Lady of the Lake in The Witcher 3
|this row only stops the spoiler from collapsing everything below it||and nothing more|
|Lac Célavy (in "The Witcher 3")|
Black Tern Island (in "The Witcher")
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt had first encountered the Lady of the Lake when his search for what had been stolen from Kaer Morhen took him to the village known as Murky Waters. There a mysterious female being dwelled in the murky depths of the village’s namesake waters and watched over the residents living on the shores. Such was their esteem for their underwater guardian, they erected a monument in her honor. The Lady of the Lake once had many knights in her service, but they had all died, as valiant knights tend to, during campaigns in far-off lands. She now lived in near solitude, so was glad to accept Geralt’s company, the witcher being someone she liked and respected.
- Once the witcher had believed the Lady of the Lake was some kind of local goddess, but their reunion at Lac Célavy made him realize she did not dwell only in Murky Waters. Instead, the Lady of the Lake calls home any place where virtue and chivalry are honored.
Associated quests[edit | edit source]
In The Witcher computer game[edit | edit source]
The Lady of the Lake is worshipped by both the inhabitants of Murky Waters and the Vodyanoi with whom they grudgingly co-exist. She spends her time in a shallow, lily-pad filled covered inlet on Black Tern Island and can be consulted there on various matters relating to Destiny, her servants, quests for the Holy Grail and the relations between the locals.
Even goddesses get lonely. It is tough being the object of adulation and reverence. While most locals will tell you that they love the Lady, they would never dream of actual physical contact with her. In this regard, Geralt has no such qualms and can generously provide companionship of the more mundane kind.
To obtain the dialog option to romance her, Geralt must first speak to the Hermit after speaking to her and ask him about the grail. Failing to do so makes the romance option unavailable. To get the romance card, Geralt must first tell the Lady of the Lake that he wishes to embark on "a miss—". This will cause the Lady's hackles to go up and she'll stop him then and there (having only just told him that she takes a dim view of grail quests), but then the witcher says he was only kidding and they continue their conversation.
She gets around to the fact that it is lonely being a goddess and while she is fully aware that her subjects may lust for her, they would never dare act on those feelings. She tells the witcher that he should compliment her, so he does, in a fairly lame manner, which she is quick to point out. Finally he gets an inspiration and decides to compliment her ass, saying it puts others to shame. This amuses her greatly and they finally get to know each other better.
If he persists with the quest "of paramount importance" conversation, and it does initially sound noble, the Lady knights him "Sir Bonehead" and dismisses him from her sight, none too fondly. Geralt can then still speak with her, he can even backtrack on the grail quest, but no sex. And she tells him so, saying "you know not how much you have lost". So do not blow it!
Associated quests[edit | edit source]
Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
- On an island in the middle of the lake I encountered a supernatural being known as the Lady of the Lake. She is a nymph or a vila. Both the inhabitants of the nearby villages and the monsters of the lake worship her.
- The Lady appointed me her champion and gave me a silver sword. Thus was I admitted into the ranks of the many noble knights who have served her over the centuries. The Lady predicted that the sword she gave me will prove important as I pursue my mission.
- I left Murky Waters and returned to Vizima. I have a feeling the Lady of the Lake's domain was the only place where I might have found peace. What a pity.