|this row only stops the spoiler from collapsing everything below it||and nothing more|
Caranthir was the product of Avallac'h's attempts to breed a gifted child from elven couples who possessed great ability in manipulating time and space. He was an incredibly talented student, but later turned criminal.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- This Aen Elle elf was one of Eredin's advisors and also, on account of his extraordinary abilities, an important officer of the Wild Hunt. Calling on arcane magic Caranthir would guide the Riders of the Hunt along mystic pathways through time and space in order to reach other worlds.
- He was also a master of more immediate forms of transport, such as the teleportation he made ample use of during the attack on Kaer Morhen.
- Yet even with his tricks and spells Caranthir still died during the final battle against the Wild Hunt, his body swallowed up by the cold waters of the ocean.
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Video[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It's probably just accidental, but "Ar-Feiniel" is also a female elf from J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" Legendarium. Ar-Feiniel has the meaning of "noble white lady", she also goes by the name of Aredhel and is the daughter of Fingolfin, High King of the Noldor. Source: Tolkien Gateway
- "Caranthir" is also a character in J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Silmarillion" - the Caranthir there is the fourth son of the elf Fëanor, who is High King of the Noldor. He is also known as "Caranthir the Dark".
References[edit | edit source]
- in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Official Game Guides