The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
|This article is about the Yrden sign in general. For its attribute tree, see Yrden attribute tree. For its talent descriptions, see Yrden (character development). For the ability in The Witcher 3, see Yrden Sign (ability).|
The Yrden Sign is a simple magical sign used by witchers. It forms a magical trap on the ground that triggers a limited number of times when traversed by a foe casing knock back, damage, and a chance of inflicting status ailments.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In The Witcher, a short story in The Last Wish (collection), Geralt used Yrden to ensure his own safety inside the sarcophagus.
In The Witcher computer game[edit | edit source]
In the game, Yrden represents the fifth element, whether one calls it Idea, Spirit or Magic. Thus it makes sense that its icon appears as an amalgamation of the icons for the rest of the Signs. It is a Sign Geralt makes by drawing a symbol on the ground or the floor. The witcher's skill with the sign is developed through the allocation of talents.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
- To use the Yrden sign, Right-click anywhere on the ground, and the trap will appear on that spot
- Endurance is used whenever the sign is cast, if the overall level is too low, Geralt will not be able to cast the sign.
- Tip: When enhanced, Yrden also causes damage to opponents and can poison and weaken them. It is best used in combination with other signs. It is also an excellent way to weaken a "quick" foe so that it's more difficult for it to avoid strong style attacks.
Circles of Elements[edit | edit source]
Circles of Elements dedicated to the Yrden sign include:
Yrden is a magical trap placed on the ground, which will wound and immobilize opponents. The sign's basic level allows you to place a single yrden sign on the ground.
After upgrading it, you'll be able to place up to three yrden signs at a time. Another, seperate upgrade, will also make multiple Yrden traps work in unison, creating a barrier that Geralt's enemies are unable to pass through.
Yrden is also used in the battle with the kayran to trap one tentacle at a time in order to sever it.
Cast the Yrden Sign to lay a magic trap that slows anyone who enters its area of effect. In particular, specters such as noonwraiths and nightwraiths can only be successfully attacked within the radius of a Yrden trap. The base ability lasts for 10 seconds. There are four other Yrden-related abilities which can be enhanced by allocating Ability points via the Character panel:
- Sustained Glyphs (2 levels)
- Magic Trap (3 levels)
- Yrden Intensity (5 levels)
- Supercharged Glyphs (5 levels)
There are six places of power scattered throughout the game map which enhance the sign.