|Contract: The Merry Widow (proximity)|
Witcher Wannabe is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. It is quite easy to stumble on this quest early in the game while Geralt is not of a sufficiently high experience level.
Later, he can tackle the quest and decide whether or not to reveal to the villagers that the "witcher" is a pretender.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt learned of a witcher who had earned the ire of several villages in Velen. One of the inhabitants of Lindenvale had even accused him of fathering his daughters' child. The whole affair seemed highly suspicious, so Geralt decided to investigate and find out the truth of the matter.
- If Geralt chooses not to rat out the imposter and forces him to leave:
- Geralt found the man who was pretending to be a witcher in the nearby cemetery. He took pity on the man and did not hand him over to the local authorities, instead letting him go free on the condition that he never return there again.
- If Geralt chooses not to rat out the imposter and forces him to work for the villagers:
- Geralt found the man who was pretending to be a witcher in the nearby cemetery. He decided not to hand the swindler over to the villagers but meted out his own punishment instead. He took his counterfeit medallion from him and forced him to work off his crimes by laboring in the fields.
- If Geralt chooses to rat out the imposter, but convinces villagers to let him go:
- Geralt found the man who was pretending to be a witcher in the nearby cemetery. He took pity on the poor incompetent and convinced the villagers to let him go free.
- If Geralt chooses to rat out the imposter and tells villagers to take him to the Ealdorman:
- Geralt found the man who was pretending to be a witcher in the nearby cemetery. He decided to hand over the swindler to the villagers to try and punish as they saw fit.
Walkthough[edit | edit source]
- Find out more about the contract posted by the residents of Lindenvale.
- Use your Witcher Senses to look for the charlatan in the cemetery.
- Kill the ghoul.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once the Ghoul is killed, if you go into the building in the cemetery and come out again the two statues of angels that were either side of the door will now be looking at Geralt and will turn to face him every time the camera moves them out of sight, an Easter egg in reference to the weeping angels from Doctor Who.
- These statues only appear during this quest. If you visit the graveyard earlier in the narrative, for example, during Contract: The Merry Widow, there are no angel statues there. After finishing this quest, if the camera moves them out of sight, angels will disappear once and for all.
- The Imposter Witcher, (labelled Witcher) can later be found working next to the southern entrance to Lindenvale, with the Village Elder (Old Man) looking on humming to himself, if you chose to allow him to work off his failure. No interaction with the Witcher is possible and the Old Man just hums.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Some people may think this man looks like the Witcher Lambert. This could be an advantage of the fake witcher to deceive people. If people knows a roughy appearance of Lambert only by poem, poster, book...