Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Wine is Sacred
"Wine is Sacred"
|Blood and Wine|
Fort Astre Ruins
Ducal Guard Post
|Finishing Where Children Toil, Toys Waste Away.|
|Where Children Toil, Toys Waste Away|
The Man from Cintra
Wine is Sacred is a main quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Following what can only be described as a surprising turn of events, the witcher had no choice but to report to the duchess. He needed to inform her that the hunt for the Beast would be no ordinary monster hunt. Fully aware of the fiery temperament of Anarietta, Toussaint's gracious ruler, Geralt was justified in thinking the meeting would not be among the most pleasant he had ever had…
- Geralt managed to sway the duchess' conviction – she agreed that he would, for now, forgo tracking the vampire and focus instead on locating whoever held the vampire in thrall. He had some leads already. These prompted him to go to the ducal vineyard of Castel Ravello. For it was the source of the famed Sangreal, a wine only ever served at the Ducal Palace to the noblest guests to come to court, including – not to boast – the undersigned. And I will be candid – I've had better. Yet it seemed at the time that whoever was blackmailing the vampire had acquired a taste for Sangreal specifically. Thus the witcher and the duchess set out to inspect the vineyard in the hope of finding another lead.
- The witcher's suspicions had proved true – Sangreal seemed indeed to be the key to finding the blackmailer. The steward of Castel Ravello admitted he had sold a barrel of the wine to a Cintrian nobleman. The witcher and a unit of ducal guardsmen decided to wait in ambush for said connoisseur…
- Alas, the Cintrian proved a notch too clever. When Geralt attempted to deliver the second barrel of wine, the nobleman was nowhere in sight. Some hired thugs found themselves caught in the ambush, and the witcher thrashed them heroically with the aid of his escort of guardsmen. The single captured rogue, when questioned, confirmed the bandits' leader was indeed the mysterious Cintrian, who was said to be hiding somewhere in Toussaint.
- While investigating, the witcher had learned the Cintrian was not working alone. He stood at the head of a well-organized group of brigands. It was still not clear that the nobleman himself was Dettlaff's blackmailer. Yet even were he to prove merely an intermediary in the scheme, it was likely he would know where to find those directly responsible.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Report to the duchess about your hunt for the Beast.
- Found the Beast. But that's it.
- Case just got more complicated. (×)
- Captain de la Tour: "Tell us where to find the monster?":
- Stay out of this. (×)
- Go ahead. Let 'em go to their deaths.
- Escort Anna Henrietta to Castel Ravello.
- Save the peasants from the panthers. (~22 )
- At Castel Ravello talking to Fabricio:
- Wanna talk to you.
- Here for an inspection. (×)
- Search the wine cellar with Anna Henrietta.
- Read the wine register.
- Guide Anna Henrietta to the aisle with barrels containing the right vintage of Sangreal.
- Knock on the barrels to see if they are full.
- Already found Wooden hammer and Barrel tap.
- Tap the barrels for Anna Henrietta.
- Tell Damien when you're ready for the ambush.
- Defeat the bandits.
- Captain de la Tour: "I was wrong about you witcher"
- Had no reason to trust me. (×)
- We did what we came to do – that's what matters.
- Go to her grace:
- She's here? (×)
- Might've known she'd come...
- Use prisoner as bait:
- Great idea.
- Only use this kind of bait as a last resort. (×)
- At port, the Cintrian seems unusual: (~75 )
- Cintrian could actually be a middleman. (×)
- He slipped up, and we'll use that.
- There is a bounty on Geralt's head:
- Story continues in The Man from Cintra.