Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina
"Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina"
|Blood and Wine|
|Very south of Toussaint|
|Find a note and read it either at Coronata or Vermentino.|
|Wine Wars: Belgaard|
Wine Wars: Coronata
Wine Wars: Vermentino
Wine Wars: The Deus in the Machina is a secondary quest in the Blood and Wine expansion. During or after helping Liam de Coronata with Wine Wars: Coronata and/or Matilda de Vermentino with Wine Wars: Vermentino Geralt will stumble across Orders on elegant stationery and/or a Letter on elegant stationary (possibly both need to be found). This informs Geralt that actually a third party is meddling into the two vineyard owners' affairs. He can then report this to the Ducal Clerk at the Office of Internal Revenue
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- From the start, both Matilda and Liam insisted the problems at their vineyards had not appeared out of thin air. Naturally, they accused one another of foul play. Geralt suspected there was more to the matter, and yet again his intuition proved true. While solving the problems at the vineyards, he had happened on some notes. These suggested someone had intentionally planted archespores amidst the vines at both estates. The witcher had also found a key to the shelter where saplings of the beastly plants had been stored.
- Geralt searched the dugout and learned that the sabotage at Coronata and Vermentino had been the brainchild of Count Vladimir Crespi.
- What Geralt had learned shed new light on the dispute between Liam and Matilda. It seemed Count Crespi had intentionally incited the quarrel between them. They decided to do him one better. Liam and Matilda settled their differences and formed a consortium.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find the place mentioned in the letter. (Abandoned Storehouse)
- Search the warehouse using your Witcher Senses.
- Defeat the archespore. (8 )
- [Optional] Destroy the archespore seedlings. (100 )
- Read the mysterious letter.
- Talk to Liam and Matilda.