|cave near Blandare|
|most physical attacks|
Cave troll liver
|Cave troll trophy|
Geralt encounters this rock troll in a cave north of Blandare. The witcher can kill it or try to reason with it.
- Thems in-walk troll house. Troll say, "Out mans!" But they wham-a-wham troll rocks. So troll whan, too!
- — Rock troll known as Wham-a-Wham
- Rock trolls come across as dim-witted, ponderous, slow – stupid, to be frank. It's easy to dismiss them – and even easier to enrage them. When this happens, one's best bet is to run as fast as possible, for an angered rock troll is as deadly as a thundering landslide. The truth held in the case of the massive rock troll known as Wham-a-Wham. HIs [sic] every blow struck like a battering ram – meaning one needed either avoid them entirely or protect oneself with the Quen Sign. Its hard skin meant it was near invulnerable to sword strikes – especially those dealt from behind, where its rock armor is the thickest. The only hope for defeating it lay in taking advantage of its typical troll slowness – especially if further exploited using the Yrden Sign.
- A certain set of Skellige miners learned first-hand just how dangerous rock trolls can be. Ignoring all warnings, they started to mine a rich silver vein in the cave which Wham-a-Wham called home. They died soon thereafter – crushed or torn to rough bits.
- If Geralt spares Wham-a-Wham:
- This time, a trolls killings were a justified act of self-defense – after all, the witcher reasoned, every troll's cave is his castle.
- If Geralt kills Wham-a-Wham:
- Perhaps this was a justified act of self-defense on the troll's part - but witchers are not judges. Witchers kill monsters.
The only way to reason with the troll is to avoid getting killed during the first few rounds of his attack. He will then switch from hostile to friendly mode.