Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|cave near Blandare|
|most physical attacks|
Cave troll liver
|Cave troll trophy|
Geralt encounters this rock troll in a cave north of Blandare. The witcher can kill it or try to reason with it.
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Thems in-walk troll house. Troll say, "Out mans!" But they wham-a-wham troll rocks. So troll whan, too!
- — Rock troll known as Wham-a-Wham
- Rock trolls come across as dim-witted, ponderous, slow – stupid, to be frank. It's easy to dismiss them – and even easier to enrage them. When this happens, one's best bet is to run as fast as possible, for an angered rock troll is as deadly as a thundering landslide. The truth held in the case of the massive rock troll known as Wham-a-Wham. HIs [sic] every blow struck like a battering ram – meaning one needed either avoid them entirely or protect oneself with the Quen Sign. Its hard skin meant it was near invulnerable to sword strikes – especially those dealt from behind, where its rock armor is the thickest. The only hope for defeating it lay in taking advantage of its typical troll slowness – especially if further exploited using the Yrden Sign.
- A certain set of Skellige miners learned first-hand just how dangerous rock trolls can be. Ignoring all warnings, they started to mine a rich silver vein in the cave which Wham-a-Wham called home. They died soon thereafter – crushed or torn to rough bits.
- If Geralt spares Wham-a-Wham:
- This time, a trolls killings were a justified act of self-defense – after all, the witcher reasoned, every troll's cave is his castle.
- If Geralt kills Wham-a-Wham:
- Perhaps this was a justified act of self-defense on the troll's part - but witchers are not judges. Witchers kill monsters.
Notes[edit | edit source]
The only way to reason with the troll is to avoid getting killed during the first few rounds of his attack. He will then switch from hostile to friendly mode.