The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Please take a moment to fill out this survey on your gaming habits!
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
|this row only stops the spoiler from collapsing everything below it||and nothing more|
|Baron of Crow's Perch and lord of Velen|
|Crow's Perch (formerly)|
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- News of the Nilfgaardian army's approach led nobles of all ranks and orders to pack up their silver and flee posthaste to safer harbors, abandoning all thoughts of defending their patrimony and leaving their lands at the invaders' mercy. Lord Vserad was no exception to this rule. The magnate had ruled much of Velen from his base at Crow's Perch before fleeing with his family to take shelter in a tower on Fyke Isle.
- The safety he sought there was not, however, to be found, and the massacre in which he was slaughtered became the source of a great many ghastly rumors and legends.
- According to one of them, Vserad, unmoved by human suffering, had his mage poison starving peasants who had come to him to beg for food. A hideous tale, yet one that sadly seemed plausible given the desperate conditions in the land.
- Yet the truth turned out, as is its wont, to be much simpler. Vserad was murdered by his traitorous former subjects, who were driven by greed, jealousy and the base jackassery that is all too widespread among the human race.
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
- A Towerful of Mice, mentioned only
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Vserad's story is based on the Polish legend of Popiel.