Vimme Vivaldi in The Witcher 3
Vimme runs the bank situated in Novigrad's Hierarch Square. Geralt can use services to borrow a loan or exchange currencies. The dwarf is also an experienced Gwent player with an enviable deck which includes the "Vesemir" card.
Rates[edit | edit source]
- The rate of exchange for florens to crowns is three-to-one
- The rate of exchange for orens to crowns is one-to-one
- The interest rate on a 100 loan is 30
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The dwarves have been in the banking business since the legendary King Desmond of Temeria was just a snot-nosed brat in short trousers asking for me "yam" with his "bwed." Since then, the prominent dwarven banking families – the Giancardis, the Vivaldis and the Cianfanellis – have only expanded their services, establishing branches in all the larger cities of the North.
- Vimme Vivaldi carried the torch of this venerable tradition into modern times, growing the Novigrad branch of his family's bank until it was the largest in the city. Geralt and I met him over a dozen years before our story begins and had always appreciated his honesty and acumen.
- The latter he gave further proof of during the time in which our story takes place, for his bank remained profitable even in the face of growing nonhuman oppression.