This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
|White Orchard village|
|70 / 20|
Twisted Firestarter is one of the secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- There were only a handful of nonhumans in White Orchard. One of them was the dwarf Willis, an excellent blacksmith whose wares attracted peasants from far and wide. Sadly, his forge had burned to the ground shortly before Geralt arrived. Willis suspected the fire had been started deliberately and asked the witcher to investigate this alleged arson.
If Geralt refuses to take arsonist's bribe:
- Geralt brought the arsonist to Willis. The dwarf immediately summoned Nilfgaardian soldiers - with whom it turned out he was on quite good terms. The imperials quickly declared the man guilty, handed down a sentence and carried it on the spot. Harsh justice - or maybe just harsh?
If Geralt takes arsonist's bribe:
- In the end Geralt decided not to reveal the arsonist's identity to Willis. Perhaps it was the coin offered in exchange for his silence that convinced him, or perhaps he simply concluded the man was clearly the village idiot and shouldn't be punished for his deeds which, while dastardly, could not possibly have been done with much deliberation and forethought - for the man was capable of neither.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Use your Witcher Senses to look behind the forge for clues about the arsonist. Follow the trail using your Witcher Senses.
- Follow the trail using your Witcher Sense
- Look for someone with wounds dealt by drowners using your Witcher Senses
- Talk to the suspect (25 )
- Chose to accept his bribe or not
- Escort the arsonist back to the blacksmith
- If you use Axii to persuade him it is not necessary to actually escort his stoned, stumbling ass; just run to the blacksmith and he will warp there to finish the quest
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- On the PC, it is possible that the arsonist will not be in the hut when Geralt tracks his footprints from the river. He should be in the room to the left, leaning against the wall with a bandaged arm. If he is not there you need to exit to desktop, then resart and reload a save. Simply reloading a save will not respawn him, you must exit the game.