We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Vizima, the capital of Temeria, is the largest city in the kingdom. It is located on the shore of Lake Vizima, at the intersection of important trade routes, one of which is a waterway. Owing to a developed network of roads, the city draws considerable profit from trade. By King Foltest's order, the city is governed by Burgomeister Velerad. The Trade Quarter is home to the wealthiest and most important inhabitants, and both the town hall and the main marketplace are situated there.
Vizima's Trade Quarter is the part of the city where high society lives. These people generally dislike non-humans and people of lesser social rank than themselves, though there are some notable exceptions.
Journal Entry[edit | edit source]
- "Vizima's Trade Quarter is teeming with life. It is inhabited by the capital's social elite — nobles, wealthy merchants, townspeople, sorcerers, even Burgomeister Velerad himself. The cobbled streets are kept clean. The brick houses with flowers in the windows are huddled side by side on the narrow streets, testifying to the wealth of the inhabitants. After all, not everyone can afford a home in the best district, situated near the castle of Foltest himself! At the very center of the Trade Quarter lies a large marketplace, where merchants exhibit luxury goods from all over the world. Nearby stands an impressive town hall. Currently, due to the quarantine, only a few people with letters of safe conduct are allowed into this part of Vizima."
Major Landmarks[edit | edit source]
- Gamblers' den
- Herbalist's house (near the Maribor Gate)
- House of the Queen of the Night, a brothel
- John Natalis Square
- Triss Merigold's house
- The marketplace:
- Official buildings:
- New Narakort square:
- Pankiera house (facing the New Narakort square)
- Statue of Melitele near the Maribor Gate
- The workshop
Destinations from here[edit | edit source]
Gates[edit | edit source]
- Gate to the Temple Quarter
- Gate to the cemetery
- Merchants' Gate (to the Outskirts, locked)
- Gate (known as Miller's Gate in the Outskirts, locked)
- Maribor Gate (to the Outskirts, locked)
Notable residents and visitors[edit | edit source]
- Alvin — A gifted child whom Geralt rescued from the Beast in the Outskirts.
- Dandelion — Old friend of Geralt's.
- Declan Leuvaarden — Rich Nilfgaardian merchant.
- Princess Adda — Young woman whom Geralt saved from a curse many years ago and who is very grateful, though he does not remember those events.
- Queen of the Night — Manager of the House of the Queen of the Night whorehouse and a vampire.
- Roderick de Wett — Nilfgaardian, Knight of the Order of the Flaming Rose and adviser to King Foltest and his daughter Adda on behalf of the Order.
- Thaler — Fence (dealer in stolen goods).
- Triss Merigold — Sorceress and old friend of Geralt's.
- Velerad — Governs the city of Vizima in King Foltest's absence.