The Witchers' Forge
"The Witchers' Forge"
|Kaer Morhen keep|
Mastercrafted Wolven armor
Diagram: Superior Wolven gauntlets
To reach the forge itself, Geralt must first defeat an earth elemental, then place a book on a stone altar to open a secret passage which leads to the actual forge. Activating the bellows by the forge summons a guardian ifrit. Once the ifrit has been defeated, Geralt can use the Eye of Nehaleni to find an illusionary wall at the back of the fireplace and dispel it to reveal a hidden chamber containing three chests.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- While poking around in the forgotten recesses of Kaer Morhen, Geralt happened across an illusory wall. He removed the illusion and behind it found a copy of the tome "Monstrum, or A Portrayal of Witchers." This tract had caused him no end of trouble and he would have tossed it onto the fire at once - if not for the intriguing handwritten note on the first page...
- Geralt followed the directions found in the tome's notes and arrived at an old iron mine. After dispatching an earth elemental guardian, he found the tome could be used as a sort of key opening a passageway leading to an old forge. To his great surprise, this forge began speaking to him. Though some might suspect the witcher had merely breathed a bit too much of the musty mine air, he claimed an ifrit, a fire elemental of some kind, had been used ages ago by a mage who created special equipment for the Wolf School witchers. This elemental remained vigilant all these years after the mage's death and thus Geralt had to defeat it in order to get at the secret stash of high-quality gear hidden behind the forge.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Read the copy of the tome
- Go to the mine near Kaer Morhen
- Search the mine using your Witcher Senses
- Kill the earth elemental
- Put the tome on the pedestal
- Search the mysterious chamber using your Witcher Senses
- Kill the ifrit
- Remove the illusion