The Tower Outta Nowheres
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"The Tower Outta Nowheres"
|Villagers of Urialla harbor|
|50 / Moonblade|
The Tower Outta Nowheres is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Wind-whipped and rain-battered, Geralt stumbled into a small village on the coast of An Skellig. The foul weather, he learned, had cursed this spot ever since a mysterious tower appeared one morning out of thin air, as if placed by an invisible giant's hand. Intrigued, Geralt decided to investigate.
- While traversing the An Skellig coast, Geralt suddenly found himself beset by a fierce storm. A tower stuck awkwardly out of a nearby hill, and, though his medallion tingled as he neared it, Geralt decided to seek shelter there from the driving rain…
- The tower, as one might have predicted, was endowed with magic. To be precise, it was equipped with a Defensive Regulatory Magicon, a mystical apparatus that treated every entrant save the tower's original owner as a dangerous intruder. That is why it had locked Sigo Buntz, the Koviri mage who had purchased the tower at auction, in a cell inside his new property. It tried to do the same with Geralt, but to a determined witcher, a tower full of magic trickery is no obstacle.
- Following Sigo's instructions, Geralt found a tome in the depths of the library entitled "Gottfried's Omni-opening Grimoire." He and the mage used the secrets contained within to disable the tower's defenses. Once free, Sigo, bursting with gratitude, rewarded Geralt (generously, I hope, for the witcher never said exactly how), transported him in a flash to the village where it had all started (well, to be precise, to the bay off the coast from the village), then whisked the tower away for good. Once it was gone, all that remained of the storm were a few puddles and scattered clouds in the otherwise bright and sunny sky. The gathered villagers went wild with joy and showered Geralt with well-deserved thanks.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the villagers
- Enter the tower
- Defeat the golem
- Explore the tower
- Talk to the man trapped behind the magic barrier
- Find the key to the library using your Witcher Senses
- Enter the library
- Find "Gottfried's Omni-opening Grimoire" using your Witcher Senses
- Bring the mage "Gottfried's Omni-opening Grimoire"
- Break the tower's defenses with the mage's help
- Talk to the mage
- Talk to the villagers