The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
The Nilfgaardian Connection
"The Nilfgaardian Connection"
|100 / ??|
|Imperial Audience |
Hunting a Witch
The Nilfgaardian Connection is one of the main quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt traveled to Velen in search of Ciri, an act that attested to the depth of his devotion. Only a man who has been to this land can know just how vile it is. At this time it was commonly known as No Man's Land. Why? Well, the emperor of Nilfgaard had not yet claimed it, Temeria was in disarray, and the Redanians had already retreated north. No Man had been left in charge, and he had proved a terrible ruler.
- Geralt needed to find Hendrik, an imperial agent who had been working on Ciri's case, and to collect from him what information he had managed to gather.
- After asking around, Geralt learned a "Hendrik" lived in the village of Heatherton.
- Yet it turned out Hendrik was no longer among the living – the Wild Hunt had murdered him. The spectral riders were also searching for Ciri and had beaten Geralt to the punch. The witcher only managed to obtain a few perfunctory notes about his ward, though thankfully these contained some scraps of valuable information. It seemed Ciri had been a guest of the Bloody Baron, the self-proclaimed ruler of Velen, and that she had quarreled with some witch, presumably the one living near the village of Midcopse.
- Sadly, Geralt arrived too late. The village had been ravaged, its inhabitants slaughtered and Hendrik's service to Nilfgaard terminated in a most violent and disturbing manner.
- Yet the agent showed such determination before he died that Vattier de Rideaux, chief of the imperial spy corps, surely beamed with pride if he ever heard of it. Despite undergoing horrific tortures, Hendrik preferred to die in agony rather than reveal where he hid his reports. They remained in his hut for Geralt to find, providing him with several pieces of important information.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Travel to Velen
- Go to the Inn at the Crossroads
- Ask about the agent called Hendrik at the Inn at the Crossroads
- Finish talking to the innkeep about the agent called Hendrik
- Defeat the baron's men (Optional)
- Look for the agent called Hendrik in the village of Heatherton
- Talk to the survivor and learn what happened to the village
- Find the agent called Hendrik
- Search the agent's hut with your Witcher Senses