Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Lord of Undvik
"The Lord of Undvik"
|Ard Skellig / Undvik|
|Crach an Craite|
|250 / ??|
The Lord of Undvik is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- It is a truth universally acknowledged that children only prove more troublesome as they mature. In Crach's case, any troubles his offspring had caused him only doubled after King Bran's death, when both his son and daughter joined the ranks of the claimants of Skellige's throne.
- Tradition demanded the next king be a great hero, and Hjalmar, Crach's son, felt he fit the bill perfectly. As anyone versed in fable knows, there is no more fitting way to prove oneself a hero than to kill a giant – and it so happened there was one such beast in desperate need of slaughtering on the nearby isle of Undvik. Thus Hjalmar had organized and expedition and set off to earn his glory. Unfortunately, there's been no word from him since and the jarl had begun to worry. Like many before and after him, he took this worry to the witcher.
- Geralt set out to find Hjalmar an Craite, but first came across the lad's companion in arms, a man by the name of Folan. Folan told the witcher that Hjalmar's crew had scattered when the giant attacked. As for the fate of Hjalmar himself – that Folan could not tell him.
- Geralt searched every inch of Undvik, until he finally came across Hjalmar near the giant's lair. Hjalmar had journeyed there to free Vigi, one of the members of his crew. As he deed the cause a worthy one, Geralt decided to lend Hjalmar his sword.
- Helping Hjalmar an Craite did not prove easy. Undvik had gone feral after the ice giant drove its inhabitants away, with monsters running amok on the island as though it were some mad mage's experiment or a misguided entrepreneur's attempt at an innovative hunting preserve. Yet in the end the witcher triumphed, not only finding Crach's son, but also helping him kill the giant and avenge the men the beast had murdered. His heroic deed accomplished, Hjalmar could not leap out of the starting blocks in the race for the Skellige crown.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Ask Crach an Craite about Hjalmar
- Ask around at the New Port Inn about Undvik and the Ice Giant
- Sail to the island of Undvik and search for Hjalmar
- Find Hjalmar
- Cross the lake
- Explore the boat's hull
- Talk to the stranger (10 )
- Follow the trail of blood using your Witcher Senses
- Find those who ventured off toward the tower using your Witcher Senses
- Find the man the trolls captured using your Witcher Senses
- Help the man in the cauldron (200 )
- Find Hjalmar's camp
- Use your Witcher Sense to follow the tracks of those who fled the camp before the attack
- Follow the boat trail using your Witcher Senses
- Explore the ruins of Urskar and search for signs of Hjalmar's presence using your Witcher Senses
- Help the stranger drive off the sirens
- Explore the remains of Hjalmar's camp using your Witcher Senses
- Find out what happened to Hjalmar's crew
- Find out what happened to Hjalmar's crew in the caves (10 )
- Find a way to the giant's lair
- Avoid snow – the sound of it crunching under your feet will awake the giant
- Find the key to Vigi's cage using your Witcher Senses
- Free Vigi
- Kill the giant (30 )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Geralt does not hear singing as he approaches the ship being built for the giant, then some crucial steps have been missed. Likely, talking to the patrons at the New Port. The quest will not technically fail, but far fewer will be earned and the fact that Octo is the missing jarl will never be revealed.