The Inconstant Gardener
"The Inconstant Gardener"
|Blood and Wine|
|Abandoned Coopers' Workshop|
|Finding a sack of grain.|
|342 / 213 florens|
Diagram: Toussaint Ducal Guard Officer's steel sword
The Inconstant Gardener is a treasure hunt quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Location[edit | edit source]
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Roaming through the Caroberta Woods, Geralt ran into a group of bandits… He tended to the overly aggressive rogues quickly, yet as he was striding away, he tripped over one of the cooling corpses and happened to spot a letter. When he read it, it proved interesting to say the least…
- From the letter he learned of a gardener, erstwhile groundskeeper at the Nilfgaardian embassy, and his most unfortunate dealings with a band of robbers. The note suggested some interesting loot might still lie concealed in the embassy cooperage…
- Geralt made quick work of finding the hidden chest. Pleased with himself, he set off in search of his next adventure!
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Read the Orders from Graybill Pellegrin and get Gardener's key in a grain sack.
- Search the chest (among several wooden barrels) with the loot.
Note[edit | edit source]
- This quest connect 3 NPC together and another quest Knight for Hire.
- Gardener Quayle: He won't show up in the game. Yet you can know his though by Journal kept by Quayle, a gardener. And get his treasure (prepared for run away to Maecht) buy using Gardener's key. He may already slaughtered by the bandits you encounter in this quest.
- Arnold aep Bluhm: An innocent man died indirectly due to the Inconstant Gardener Quayle. He won't show up in the game either. Except the body laid on a shore of the lake. His thought was record in Arnold aep Bluhm's journal.
- Graybill Pellegrin: The boss of one of 3 Merchants' Guild in Toussaint. You will encounter him while doing the Knight for Hire quest. His thought of Quayle reveals by Orders from Graybill Pellegrin & Orders on dirtied parchment.
- Since Graybill Pellegrin has a large underground forces in Toussaint. There are a lot of records of Graybill Pellegrin which spread at different Point of Interestings (POIs) in Toussaint.
- Ducal Camerlengo will made a report about Graybill Pellegrin: Camerlengo's report on succor to a knight-errant in distress #31/1271. After Geralt finished related quest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of this quest is a reference to the John le Carré novel, "The Constant Gardener", which was also made into a film by the same name.