The Fall of the House of Reardon
"The Fall of the House of Reardon"
|Notice board in Lindenvale / Dolores Reardon|
|25 + 80 + optional 50 / 100 florens|
|Ghosts of the Past|
The Fall of the House of Reardon is a secondary quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Continuing his tour of rural Velen, Geralt stopped by the village of Lindenvale. There he came across a grief-stricken old woman. The cause of her woe? She was homeless, a monster having made its nest in her family manor and forced her into a rental situation elsewhere that had recently proven unaffordable. When Geralt approached her, she asked him to rid her manor of this beast. In return she gave him a precious token - the key to the chest in which she claimed to keep her life savings. Geralt couldn't refuse to help an elderly person in need, especially not one so eager to reward him handsomely for it, and so decided to do as she asked.
- When Geralt arrived at the Reardon family manor, he found that Letho had long ago rid the place of the beasts that once prowled it. All that was left for him to do was to tell the woman that her former home was now safe. When Dolores heard the news she was beside herself with joy, as the place was closely tied to her fondest childhood memories - to the days when she was young and beautiful and lived there with her brother and parents.
- Dolores moved back in to her family manor and lived there in peace and comfort to the end of her days.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Ask Dolores about the monsters in her manor.
- Find the Reardon family manor.
- Kill the monsters in the manor.
- Return to Dolores.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you manage to find Dolores' "treasure", Geralt will keep the 100 florens she has hidden and receive an additional 50 .
- This quest contains at least two references to Edgar Allen Poe. The quest's name is clearly a reference to The Fall of the House of Usher, and the corpse walled up in the basement could certainly be a reference to Fortunato in The Cask of Amontillado.
- If Geralt answered Morvran Voorhis' questions in the Imperial Audience in a certain way, there will be no monsters to slay but traps everywhere at the estate. Triggering the related quest.