Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The Beast of White Orchard
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
"The Beast of White Orchard"
|Peter Saar Gwynleve|
|1000 / 150 |
Information about Yennefer
|Lilac and Gooseberries|
On Death's Bed
The Beast of White Orchard is a main quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The commander of the Nilfgaardian garrison in White Orchard knew where Yennefer had gone. Shrewdly, he was unwilling to share this information for free. A man with substantial experience, he knew full well Geralt would do anything to find the sorceress. As luck would have it, there was a griffin about, a beast the commander's soldiers had been unable to hunt down. The commander could demand but one thing: the monster's head in exchange for help.
- The witcher investigated and learned that the griffin he had encountered along the high road outside of White Orchard had good reason to prey on the local populace. The soldiers the Nilfgaardian commander had sent out to scout had, in fact, killed the griffin's brooding mate.
- Griffins are known to mate for life, and Geralt thus felt a pang of pity for the beast. But, ever the professional, he could not let his feelings interfere with his work.
- Once it came to ambushing the feathery widower, Geralt turned to Vesemir for help. With two witchers lunging at its throat, the griffin of White Orchard proved a lamb for the slaughter. As is the way of his order, Geralt took the beast's head as his trophy and delivered it to the Nilfgaardian garrison for his reward, which, as you might remember, was to be information about Yennefer.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- If you go to the Nilfgaardian camp alongside the riverbank and just out of curiosity gather the Buckthorn in the river, then after the talk with Peter Saar Gwynleve Tomira's location wouldn't be marked on your map and this part of quest would be marked as already completed.
- Use your Witcher Senses to find the hunter
- Talk to the hunter
- Follow the hunter
- Kill the wild dogs 350
- Ask the hunter where he found the bodies
- Examine the site of the Nilfgaardian soldiers' death using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the Nilfgaardian soldiers' tracks using your Witcher Senses
- Search the griffin's nest using your Witcher Senses 500