We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Talk:Echoes of Yesterday
Feel free to comment on this page -- please Game widow 00:24, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
ruins portal[edit source]
Every time I've played through (with the EE version) Yaevinn destroys the portal right after he ports in through it. After Gold Rush, you can teleport there from other portals, but the portal on the ruins side is still inactive for porting out.188.8.131.52 22:38, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's definitely a timing thing, depending on which quests you do, it does stay open sometimes (or at least it did, possibly prior to EE) — Game widow 22:41, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
I made my way to this ruin prior to doing any quests (or getting this quest from Yaevinn) and was able to use the portal. The alp in the nearby room respawned every time I left and returned via the portal, and if I meditated long enough at the campfire. I had some fun charming her and trying to conduct conversation before I grew bored and did Yaevinn's quest. In case you wondered, the bruxa didn't have anything to say either. :) After the quest, there seems to be no more Alp, ever, so it never matters to me whether the portal is nonfunctional at that point because I never need it again. This was my experience while experimenting with this area during my last game. Kalkstein 04:14, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
- yes, when i feel like grinding, that's when and where i do it — Game widow 15:37, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Quest not triggering[edit source]
So I have completed the Reception and Six Feet under, went to swamps, spoke to Yaevinn, but he doesn't seem to want offer me this quest .. I have even went and cleared the non-human camp from Salamandra, but still nothing ..
And closely, but no, I haven't started the Gold Rush yet (or at least I didn't speak to that messenger boy)..
Any ideas what might went wrong and how to start it?
- If you have already completed Six Feet Under, that is the problem, you must get the quest before undertaking Six Feet Under. You're only choice, if you really want that quest is to load an earlier saved game before you talked to Siegfried — Game widow 23:14, October 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the info, but I am afraid the wiki is a little bit misleading in this point then, because, quotation from the main page of this quest:
- It is advisable to do the first few quests in Chapter III in the following order:
But anyway, great wiki! I've learned so much useful info here. (Hope it doesn't matter being little OT considering it's a praise :))
- I added a step to make things clearer (first, acquire this quest from Yaevinn, then talk to Siegfried and get Six Feet Under). — Game widow 10:27, October 19, 2010 (UTC)