The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Szpony i kły
|Claws and Fangs|
|Szpony i kły|
|Short story collection|
|November 8th, 2017 (in Poland)|
|Tales from the world of The Witcher|
Szpony i kły (English unofficial translation Claws and Fangs) is a collection of award-winning short stories from the contest organized by Nowa Fantastyka magazine on the occasion of the 30st anniversary of publishing The Witcher short story.
Content[edit | edit source]
The foreword titled Dziedzictwo Białego Wilka (The Legacy of the White Wolf) was written by Marcin Zwierzchowski and a note on the last page of the cover by Andrzej Sapkowski himself.
The collection consists of the following short stories:
- Piotr Jedliński – Kres cudów
- Beatrycze Nowicka – Krew na śniegu. Apokryf Koral
- Sobiesław Kolanowski – Ironia losu
- Nadia Gasik – Co dwie głowy...
- Katarzyna Gielicz – Skala powinności
- Barbara Szeląg – Bez wzajemności
- Przemysław Gul – Lekcja samotności
- Tomasz Zliczewski – Nie będzie śladu
- Andrzej W. Sawicki – Dziewczyna, która nigdy nie płakała
- Michał Smyk – Ballada o Kwiatuszku
- Jacek Wróbel – Szpony i kły
Reception[edit | edit source]
SuperNOWA, Polish publisher, faced backslash in press and social media due to misleading decision of using Sapkowski's surname in the same way as on Sapkowski's own novels.
The stories met varying receptions. Andrzej Sapkowski said he had read them with pleasure and some of the authors could become great writers; he admitted reading only some of the stories though.
References[edit | edit source]
- Sapkowski's 2018 panels during Warsaw Comic Con and Polcon