The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Something Ends, Something Begins (quest)
"Something Ends, Something Begins"
|Tedd Deireadh, the Final Age|
Depending on the ending:
Something Ends, Something Begins is an epilogue quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and the final "quest" of the game. It contains different objectives and outcomes that are based on Geralt's main choices in relation to Ciri.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
Ending 1 - If Ciri lives and becomes a Witcheress[edit | edit source]
- My story began in Temeria, near Vizima, with Geralt dreaming a dream of Yennefer, Ciri and the Wild Hunt. It ends in Temeria as well, with the witcher returning to Vizima to have one last conversation with the emperor - and tell him Ciri would not be coming back.
- After his meeting with Emhyr var Emreis, Geralt set off for White Orchard, where he had agreed to meet someone amidst the ruins of the old castle there.
- And who awaited Geralt in White Orchard? Ciri - packed and ready to set off on the path. Where did the witcher and his ward venture, you ask, and what became of them? That, dear reader, is another story.
Ending 2 - If Ciri lives and becomes Empress of Nilfgaard[edit | edit source]
- My story began in Temeria, near Vizima, with Geralt dreaming a dream of Yennefer, Ciri and the Wild Hunt. It ends in Temeria as well, with winter in full force, a blanket of snow wrapping the earth tight, and the witcher and his ward heading out to hunt rabbits.
- No rabbits were snared that morning, but a forktail did meet its end. In any case, that did not prove the day's most important event. Ciri took Geralt for a walk that turned out to be the most momentous of his long life. She told him she had accepted the emperor's offer and would ride to Nilfgaard. There she would assume her rightful place as heir to the throne - next in line to be empress of the most powerful state in the world. A Nilfgaardian delegation awaited to take her to the City of Towers. And what happened then, you ask? What did fate have in store for Geralt and Ciri? That, dear reader, is another story.
Ending 3 - If Ciri dies[edit | edit source]
- My story began in Temeria, near Vizima, with Geralt dreaming a dream of Yennefer, Ciri and the Wild Hunt. It ends in Temeria as well. Shortly after Ciri entered the tower on Undvik, never to return, Geralt returned to Velen and entered Crookback Bog.
- Geralt found the last Crone in the swamp village and killed her. He reached down to her stiffening corpse and removed Vesemir's medallion, the one Ciri had kept what seemed like an eternity ago. This would be a memento of his two lost friends. What happened then, you ask? That, my dear reader, is another story altogether.
Ending 1 - Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Follow the chamberlain.
- Wait for the person you are supposed to meet.
- Go to the inn.
- Go to the ruined fortress.
Ending 2 - Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the hunter
- Go to the meeting place
- Go to the griffin's nest
- Kill the forktail
- Go to the lake
- Throw a bomb to scare the bear
- Throw a bomb through the hole in the ice
- Collect the fish (4)
- Go for a walk with Ciri
Ending 3 - Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Kill or help the werewolf
- Kill or work with the hunters / Berem
- Kill the last crone
- Retrieve Ciri's medallion