The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
|This article is about the cockatrice in The Witcher 3. For the achievement, see Shrieker (achievement).|
|Cave near Crow's Perch|
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Heard you have a problem – a monster you call a shrieker?
- Aye, prowls about, it does. Snatches cows and goats, mostly, but it won't scorn a man if it runs into one.
- — Conversation overheard at Crow's Perch
- The monster tormenting the residents of Crow's Perch turned out to be a particularly nasty cockatrice. Geralt was not surprised the baron's men had been unable to stop it. They could not possibly withstand the surgical precision of its strikes, which slice open arteries and provoke an outpouring of blood only the Swallow potion could hope to stop. Neither did they know to force it to the ground with a crossbow, a bomb or a Sign, and then evade its charge by rolling under the monster's outstretched wing.
- Just when it seemed the villagers would have to learn to live in the shadow of a bloodthirsty beast, to always look to the sky with fear, the witcher arrived – and put an end to the shrieker for good.