This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
Saskia the Dragonslayer, the Virgin of Aedirn is a leader of the revolt in Upper Aedirn, opposing King Henselt's attempt to invade the disputed region. She is a rival of Prince Stennis, heir to recently deceased King Demavend.
Associated Quests[edit | edit source]
- Trial by Fire
- Blood of His Blood
- A Matter of Life and Death
- Hatred Symbolized
- Prelude to War: Aedirn
- Prelude to War: Kaedwen
- Vergen Besieged
- The War Council
- Enter the Dragon
- A Summit of Mages
- The Spellbreaker
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Nothing drives a revolt forward like the right leader, especially one who is a young girl known for performing miraculous feats of valor on the battlefield. From Joan of the Arc Coast to the infamous Falka, history is full of women who led fanatically devoted hosts to victory. Interestingly, all those heroines were not only charismatic, but also extremely beautiful. Saskia, whom men would follow into fire, was no exception. She was a smooth-skinned lass with blonde hair, dark brows, large eyes and shapely lips. Her full breasts perfectly complemented her rounded hips. In other words, she was the ideal icon for a rebellion.
- News had already reached us of the heroic Saskia, the woman who held Kaedwen's armies at bay. At the time, however, it all seemed like little more than exaggerated rumors.
- As with any true hero, there were many incredible tales about Saskia. Some claimed she was invulnerable to fire and had thus survived that terrible battle when Sabrina had rained the very flames of hell down upon the combatants. The girl was also famous for killing a dragon. One would be hard-pressed to find better material for a local hero.
- If Geralt chooses Roche's path during the end of chapter I:
- If Geralt chooses Iorveth's path during the end of chapter I:
- Once Geralt discovered the whole truth about Saskia, all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. Saskia, a high-bred dragon, could assume any form she desired – even that of a human.
- Saskia was no longer her own mistress. He – or she – who could command the dragon, stood to attain great power indeed.
- All were surprised when Saskia appeared. The dragoness quickly demonstrated herself to be a lethal tool controlled by someone else.
- The following entry applies according to Geralt's decisions during the quest "The Spellbreaker":
- Thanks to the magical dagger, the spell was lifted and Saskia regained her free will.
- If Geralt chooses to kill Saesenthessis during the quest "Enter the Dragon":
- The dragoness died by Geralt's hand – this time the stakes were too high to follow the rules of the witchers' code.
- If Geralt chooses not to kill Saesenthessis during the quest "Enter the Dragon":
- Though it was risky, the witcher acted according to his own beliefs. The spell still held the dragoness, but Geralt chose not to kill her.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Geralt can only side with Saskia during Chapter II if he has previously helped Iorveth escape.
- Saskia is a dragon with polymorphism ability. Her real name is Saesenthessis. She is also a daughter of Borch Three Jackdaws - also a dragon but unlike her father she is not a Golden Dragon and therefore can only assume one human form.