Rose on a Red Field
"Rose on a Red Field"
|Hearts of Stone|
|102 / 200|
|Evil's Soft First Touches|
Rose on a Red Field is one of the quests available in Hearts of Stone.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- "The White Wolf", "the Butcher of Blaviken" – Geralt gathered many sobriquets on his Path, one of which was the colorful and, I dare say, apt, appellation of "Puss Peepers." This he gained during his adventure with Olgierd, when a cheeky young woman in Olgierd's company pinned him as the man best able to track down the scoundrel who killed her friend, Kluivert.
- Kluivert had indeed been killed. Though much time had passed since the murder, the witcher hoped he could still find enough evidence to establish who was responsible.
- It turned out Kluivert's death was not the work of common bandits or deserters, but knights of the recently dissolved Order of the Flaming Rose. Geralt realized the brethren who had killed Kluivert were but part of a much larger contingent. To prevent any further such murders and fully avenge Kluivert, he would have to find the knights' leader.
- The orders Geralt found on the knights he defeated not only shed light on their activities – they'd given up defending the defenseless and switched to brewing narcotics – but revealed the location of their hideout. Geralt decided to take a short break from monster hunting to pay their Grand Master a courtesy call.
- The witcher and the Grand Master did not take a liking to each other. After a short talk about the Order's past and mission, they moved on to armed combat. This fight could clearly have only one outcome – Ulrich met the same fate as his infamous predecessor, Jacques de Aldersberg.
- With this Geralt of Rivia, alias "Puss Peepers," avenged Kluivert and completed the task allotted him. He collected his promised reward and set off on his Path.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Investigate Bowdon for clues about Kluivert's murder using your Witcher Senses
- Find the source of the strong odor using your Witcher Senses
- Search the hut using your Witcher Senses (Warning letter)
- Investigate around the hut for clues about the man who fled out the window
- Look around for signs of the men who shot the bolt using your Witcher Senses
- Follow the shooter's tracks using your Witcher Sense
- Follow the horses' tracks
- Defeat the knights
- Explore the knights' camp (Orders to attack Bowdon)
- Read the document you found in the fallen knights' camp
- Find Thunder's journal and Letter with orders in the hut
- Investigate the fallen knights' lab northwest of Brunwich
- Use Axii to pass or defeat the guards near the entrance to the main lab and get the Rusty key to open the door
- Defeat Ulrich and the rest of the fallen knights
- Go to the woman who hired you to collect your reward
Notes[edit | edit source]
- 40 additional can be earned by using Axii on the knights outside the hut.
- Paying off the guards to the fisstech laboratory with 1000 yields 100 extra.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Abandoned fisstech operations in Bowdon.