Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Redania's Most Wanted
"Redania's Most Wanted"
|50 / 135|
|A Favor for Radovid|
Redania's Most Wanted is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3. It impacts the political landscape and ultimately the game ending.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- They say chess is the game of kings, and Radovid proved this point twice over during his meeting with Geralt. First, by playing the royal game at the Oxenfurt Chess Club while they met, and then by treating Geralt like a pawn he could send out to do his bidding. His requested move? Witcher takes sorceress: his spies had reported finding signs of Philippa Eilhart's presence in the elven ruins outside of Novigrad. Geralt was to go there and retrieve her. Normally Geralt resisted attempts to command him around the board, but he owed Radovid a favor - and had his own reasons for wanting to find Philippa...
- Geralt found and searched Philippa's hideout. Though there were signs of her presence everywhere, the sorceress herself was long gone.
- She had, however, left one thing behind that could prove of great value - a damaged crystal from her megascope. The witcher knew such a gem could, if properly probed, reveal priceless information about her doings. He thus was faced with a choice - should he give the crystal to Radovid, or take it to one of his sorceress allies?
- If Geralt takes the crystal to Triss:
- Geralt took the crystal to Triss. A bit of magic and she got it to play back a fragment from the last conversation Philippa had with Margarita Laux-Antille. From it they learned the sorceress, whom Radovid had blinded, was trying to restore her vision, and that both were planning to bring the Lodge of Sorceresses back to life.
- The witcher decided it would be best if such information never made it to Radovid's ears. He thus decided to leave the crystal with Triss.
- If Geralt takes the crystal to Yennefer:
- Geralt took the crystal to Yennefer. A bit of magic and she got it to play back a fragment from the last conversation Philippa had with Margarita Laux-Antille. From it they learned the sorceress, whom Radovid had blinded, was trying to restore her vision, and that both were planning to bring the Lodge of Sorceresses back to life.
- The witcher decided it would be best if such information never made it to Radovid's ears. He thus decided to leave the crystal with Yennefer.
- If Geralt hands crystal to Radovid's men:
- Geralt encountered Radovid's men at the entrance to Philippa's hideout. They demanded the witcher give them the magic crystal, with assurances they would deliver it to the king personally. Geralt reluctantly accepted their offer.
- If Geralt reports to Radovid:
- Out of a sense of duty, or perhaps a desire to receive at least part of the promised reward, Geralt returned to Radovid to tell him what he had found in Philippa's hideout. The king was clearly not pleased with the outcome of the investigation and dismissed the witcher. As for compensation for his trouble, sadly, the witcher had to go without...
- If Geralt hands the crystal to Radovid:
- As agreed, Geralt returned to Radovid and gave him the crystal from Philippa's megascope. Though the king was hoping to be handed a sorceress, not a cold, damaged lump of minerals, in the end he appreciated Geralt's effort and paid him his reward.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the witch hunters in front of Philippa's hideout
- Open Philippa's hideout (2 )
- Search Philippa's hideout
- Search Philippa's quarters using your Witcher Senses
- Find the missing crystal
- Place the crystal in the right spot
- Use Aard to activate the crystal
- The next two options are mutually exclusive:
- Talk to Triss about the crystal from Philippa's megascope
- Talk to Yennefer about the crystal from Philippa's megascope
- Tell Radovid what you learned about Philippa (2 )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If you want to ask Triss rather than Yennefer to extract the information from the damaged megascope crystal, you shouldn't start A Matter of Life and Death until you find the crystal and speak to Triss about it. Otherwise that option won't be available anymore.
- Geralt can find a Letter to Philippa in her hideout.