Race: The Great Erasmus Vegelbud Memorial Derby
"Race: The Great Erasmus Vegelbud Memorial Derby"
streets of Novigrad
|An invitation to the Memorial Derby|
|10 / -100 per race|
10 / 160 per win
100 / 280
Superior racing saddle (1st round)
Rugged saddlebags (2nd round)
Superior cavalry saddle (3rd round)
Racing horse blinders (nighttime race)
Race: The Great Erasmus Vegelbud Memorial Derby is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. To race, Geralt must pay 100 per round.
Contestants[edit | edit source]
- Seamus Holt astride Athos
- Viscount Rommer astride Caniculus
- Luc Vegelbud astride Succubus
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The Vegelbud family's out-of-town estate was famed not only for its lovely guardians and sumptuous banquets, but also for the series of horse races organized there in honor of one of the line's illustrious ancestors, Erasmus. Geralt, who had spent a great many years in the saddle, decided to test his mettle in this derby - lured, perhaps, by the sizable reward promised to the victor.
- The Vegelbud races segued into an unexpected encore. Cleaver, one of the Novigrad crime lords, was so impressed by the witcher's riding prowess that he offered him the chance to take part in the equally famed (though illegal) race organized by the local underworld.
- Though the nighttime race was rife with obstacles, Geralt managed to win it as well. Sadly, he was not given long to celebrate his triumph, for the city guard, alarmed by the ruckus of galloping horses at an hour when decent people should be asleep, broke up the event and scattered its participants.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the master of ceremonies for the Vegelbuds' race (10 )
- Talk to the master of ceremonies to begin the race
- Beat the first rider (10 + Superior racing saddle)
- Beat the second rider (10 + Rugged saddlebags)
- Beat Luc Vegelbud
- Read the letter you received
- Talk to Cleaver about the letter
- Be the first past the finish line