Open Sesame! (Hearts of Stone)
|This article is about the quest from the Hearts of Stone expansion. For the quest from the Side Effects premium module, see Open Sesame! (Side Effects).|
|Hearts of Stone|
|Olgierd von Everec|
|618 – 822|
Open Sesame! Witcher Seasonings
Open Sesame! Breaking and Entering
Open Sesame! The Safecracker
Dead Man's Party
Scenes From a Marriage
Whatsoever a Man Soweth…
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Olgierd's wishes were unusual, to say the least. One demand was for Geralt to bring him the house of Maximillian Borsodi. He didn't supplement this request with such key details as where this house was located or just how the witcher was to transport said real estate. Geralt only knew his first stop should be Oxenfurt, the city to which the Borsodis had moved their world-famous auction house...
- Horst Borsodi did not demonstrate a flare for hospitality. He greeted Geralt with unmasked disdain; then upon hearing the witcher had come for Maximilian Borsodi's House, had him summarily tossed into the gutter. Geralt was still picking himself up when he discovered a stranger awaiting him there... a man who could help him fulfill Olgierd's wish.
- The mysterious stranger revealed that he was planning to rob the Borsodis' Auction House. He swore Geralt would find Maximilian's House within it, as impossible as that sounded. First, however, the witcher would have to help him put together a full break-in crew of daring professionals and find a way to weaken the Redanian garrison. Though Geralt usually tried to live within the bounds of the law, this time he had no choice but to agree to help in this criminal enterprise.
- Not everything went according to plan… to say the least. Geralt successfully broke into the vault, though at the cost of some nerve-wracking moments and a good deal of bloodshed. Once in the bowels of the auction house, he found out his partner-in-crime was none other than Horst Borsodi's long-missing brother, Ewald.
- Geralt supports Ewald:
- Cheated by his brother out of his inheritance, Ewald had planned his revenge during long years of exile – and the witcher helped him bring this plan to fruition.
- Geralt supports Horst:
- Cheated by his brother out of his inheritance, Ewald had planned his revenge during his long years of exile. Yet now, on the cusp of his plan's completion, the White Wolf stood in his way. Geralt hadn't trusted Ewald from the very start and decided to hold his nose and support the disagreeable Horst rather than help Ewald commit fratricide.
- Geralt decides to take the casket by force:
- Yet when Geralt realized the remaining Borsodi brother was using him as well, he made sure he joined his recently murdered sibling in the afterlife. With no one left to lay a competing claim on it, Geralt took the golden casket known as Maximilian Borsodi's House and the will hidden inside it. Now he was set to fulfill Olgierd's request.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Borsodi auction house in Oxenfurt and ask for the owner (68 )
- Go to the upper floor of the auction house
- (Optional) Meet Vivaldi's friends – Hilbert (68 , Gaunter O'Dimm gwent card, 250 )
- (Optional) Meet Vivaldi's friends – Countess Mignole
- (Optional) Meet Vivaldi's friends – Yaromir (68 )
- Sit down when you're ready to take part in the auction.
- Wait for the auction to start
- Defeat the guards (4 + 104 )
- Go to the herbalist's hut near Oxenfurt and give the password
- Talk to the Stranger
- Return to the Stranger to discuss the details of the robbery (52 )
- Recruit the rest of the crew and prepare for the robbery (3)
- Go to the herbalist's hut to prepare for the robbery (52 )
- Be at the gateway to the Borsodi Auction House around midnight
- Get to the vault in the Auction House's basement
- Defeat Horst Borsodi's men
- Go down into the vault.
- Search the vault for Maximilian's House
- Defeat the monsters (trap only springs if Quinto picked the vault lock)
Depending on what side Geralt chooses:
- Defeat Horst Borsodi
- Defeat Ewald Borsodi
- Defeat Horst Borsodi and his bodyguards
- Defeat Ewald Borsodi and Casimir Bassi
- Take Maximilian's House (52 )
- Find the secret way out of the vault using your Witcher Senses (only if neither brother lives)
- Get out of the auction house (78 )
- Take Maximilian Borsodi's House to Olgierd (130 )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Tip: Don't tell Vimme Vivaldi anything about the inside tips you get from talking to his friends, since he will only needlessly raise the prices when bidding.
- Should Geralt have bought the van Rogh at the auction, the quest Avid Collector will become available right after Geralt gets thrown out of the auction house.
- Once the heist starts at The Borsodis' Auction House a hostage situation will occur. It is here where it makes a difference whom Geralt recruited, Casimir Bassi (explosives) or Quinto (lockpicking), to open the vault. Geralt can negotiate for a cart, to gain some time, but with Casimir an explosion will blow out the windows and have the guards storm the house. The guards will then need to be killed, something Geralt was trying to avoid. With Quinto the vault door will be opened quietly while the guards outside organize a cart, thus avoiding a fight with them.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Geralt gets into the auction with the help of Vimme Vivaldi.
The Countess Mignole collects witcher gear.
Yaromir is an art collector.
Hilbert loves playing gwent.
Geralt can bid for Count Romilly's figurine.
Horst Borsodi is far from thrilled to see Geralt. Apparently he had been warned by a seer.
A conspiratorial meeting at the Herbalist's place.
Stranger brooding over the plans for a heist.
An agile climber specialist: Eveline Gallo.
Hugo Hoff an agile dwarf.
Casimir Bassi the explosives expert.
Finally, the object of all this effort: Maximilian Borsodi's house.