Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Of Dairy and Darkness
"Of Dairy and Darkness"
|Aeramas' Abandoned Manor|
|Merchant at Aeramas' Shop|
|?? / ?? |
|Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 1|
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- A Novigrad merchant told Geralt about a mage named Aeramas. The poor man had, like so many of his colleagues, met a gruesome death on a pyre. With no surviving heirs, his expansive rural residence was now abandoned - and, if the rumors about this eccentric sorcerer were true, inside it awaited a great many curiosities and valuable secrets...
- Geralt investigated Aeramas' estate and discovered the mage had been a raring tyromancy enthusiast - tyromancy being, as you surely know, the art of divining the future from cheese. This is a very rare specialization among mages, one only practiced by those for whom a social life is not a high priority - there reason being that the cheese they use to divine with is, and pardon my blunt language, fouler smelling than a drowner's scrotum. No wonder Aeramas' home hadn't been looted.
- Geralt searched the abandoned residence from top to bottom. Among the assorted worthless trinkets, he found some true treasures which Aeramas had cleverly hid from the world by setting murderous cheeses as guards. Tyromancers are not normally the cheery sort, but Aeramas certainly would have been delighted to know that his treasure had ended up in good hands.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Search Aeramas' residence using your Witcher Senses
- Investigate Aeramas' dungeon
- Find a way to pass the tyromancy rooms
- Find your way through the flooded chamber
- Deactivate the magic barrier and get to Aeramas' treasure
- Find a way to activate the portal
- Use Aeramas' artifacts to activate the portal
- Use the portal in Aeramas' residence
Notes[edit | edit source]
Initially to deactivate the magic barrier and get to Aeramas' treasure Geralt had to charge two crystals with his Igni sign. One of those crystals was hidden under the illusion that had to be dispelled by The Eye of Nehaleni. But since many people got this quest very early in game (before finishing Wandering in the Dark quest) they were unable to complete it and had to spend lots of time coming all the way back in the dungeon. After that the quest was changed a little bit and currently you can deactivate the magic barrier charging only one crystal which is not hidden under illusion.