No Place Like Home (Blood and Wine)
|This article is about the quest from the "Blood and Wine" expansion. For the quest from the main game, see No Place Like Home.|
"No Place Like Home"
|Blood and Wine|
|200 / -14000 |
Beautifully renovated Corvo Bianco.
|The Beast of Toussaint|
No Place Like Home is a quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Everyone who has even a passing acquaintance with Geralt of Rivia knows it was very rare for the witcher to be paid before completing a contract. Retainers or down payments, however, were another story. Those would often be given him by the best of employers, those who had no intention of backing out of their side of the bargain and who wanted the job done and done well above all else. In this regard, Anna Henrietta stood out as one of the best employers Geralt had ever had. Why is that, you ask, Dear Reader? Why, because in exchange for agreeing to kill the Beast of Beauclair, she gave Geralt... the deed to the Corvo Bianco vineyard (and promised further payment in gold as soon as Geralt completed the job). Say what you will about her, but no one can deny Anna Henrietta's generosity.
- A preliminary inspection of Geralt's new property uncovered that the vineyard would need quite a bit of fixing up before it could shine in all its glory. This would be a monumental task requiring aesthetic sensibilities Geralt was not sure he possessed. Luckily, he did not have to take it on alone. Aiding him in it would be Barnabas-Basil, his majordomo, who, Geralt soon learned, was an expert not only in the running of households, but also in their remodeling.
- I have always liked to fill my days with industrious activity, and without a shadow of a doubt I can say Geralt shared my predilection in this regard. We both prized any chance to toil to make the world a better place, differing only in that I usually used quill and harp to accomplish this, while Geralt did so with his sword. Yet on this occasion, it was Geralt who could bask in the satisfaction that a completed work of aesthetic excellence brings in its wake. When the renovations of Corvo Bianco were complete, Geralt was just as proud of himself as if he had strangled a kikimore with his bare hands.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Go to Corvo Bianco.
- Follow the majordomo.
- Restore Corvo Bianco to its former glory.
- Wait three days for the general refurbishment to finish. (-5000 )
- [Optional] Search the cellar.
- [Optional] Search the hidden room.
- Wait one day for your new bed to arrive. (-1000 )
- Wait one day for your weapon racks to arrive. (-500 )
- Wait one day for your armor stands to arrive. (-500 )
- Wait two days for the guest room refurbishment to finish. (-1000 )
- Wait one day for your armorer's table to arrive. (-1000 )
- Wait one day for your grindstone to arrive. (-1000 )
- Wait two days for the stable refurbishment to finish. (-2000 )
- Wait two days for the garden refurbishment to finish. (-2000 )
- Talk to the majordomo of Corvo Bianco. (200 )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The quest title is a quote from the movie "The Wizard of Oz" (1939), and also the last line spoken by heroine Dorothy. It's also the spell, that is spoken to bring her back from the land of Oz with the help of the ruby slippers.