We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Missing in Action
"Missing in Action"
|notice on the village notice board / Dune Vildenvert|
Missing in Action is one of the secondary quests in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- As it turned out, Geralt was not alone in searchig [sic] White Orchard for a lost loved one. The witcher also found the notice of a peasant who was seeking his brother. The brother had left home to take up arms against Nilfgaard. The forces of the North and the Black Ones had then clashed in a great battle near the brothers' home village, and the peasant had not heard from his brother since.
- Geralt was far from the only person in White Orchard looking for a lost loved one. War had divided many families, including that of a certain villager whose brother went missing after the last big battle. Geralt was short on time but still agreed to help. You're surprised, dear reader - but you shouldn't be. The witcher might seem grumpy at times and downright cynical at others, but he rarely passes by another man's misfortune without seeing what he can do to help.
- Though pressed for time, Geralt decided to find Dune Vildenvert and then agreed to help the man. Be not puzzled, dear reader, for though the witcher oft appeared a surly scoffer, deep inside he was a sensitive soul, unwilling to look upon human grief and dismiss it.
- Geralt and Dune began their search where the missing man had last been seen: the battlefield. Yet while the witcher started the investigation, a mutt named Hussar who finished it for him. When the dog caught its owner's scent, it raced off, following the trail while barking its brains out and not caring one whit if Dune or Geralt were following after.
- It turned out the missing brother had been heavily wounded but had survived the battle nonetheless... saved by a Nilfgaardian deserter.
- If Geralt advises Dune to help the Nilfgaardian deserter:
- Though reluctant, Dune agreed to return the Nilfgaardian's favor. He took the foreigner in under his roof, thus saving him from certain death.
- If Geralt doesn't convince Dune to help the Nilfgaardian deserter:
- Sadly Dune did not return the Nilfgaardian's favor. Afraid for his own life, he decided to leave the man to a certain death.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Find Dune Vildenvert
- Meet Dune near the battlefield
- Using your Witcher Senses, search for Temerian shields with small white flowers painted on them
- Follow the dog's trail