This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Witcher Wiki by expanding it.
|?? / ??|
|Contract: The Griffin from the Highlands|
Master Armorers is one of the quests available in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Witchers live to kill monsters, and so they place great importance on the weapons and armor they use. Bodily harm is all too common in this profession, so whenever the chance arises to acquire better work clothing, the thinking witcher pounces on it like a cat on a plump mouse.
- Such a mouse skittered in front of Geralt's eyes at one point in the form of the dwarf Fergus, an armorer of great renown. The craftsman promised to forge top-notch equipment for our hero, but first he needed the appropriate tools. Geralt thus set out in search of them.
- Geralt acquired the tools, but his adventure did not end there. In the meantime he learned Fergus' apprentice was the true master of the forge, and Fergus himself a mere figurehead. Apparently this arrangement came about because they thought no one would believe a woman could possess such talent. It seemed now the fickle apprentice had changed her mind and wished to assume her rightful place in the sun.
- In order to prove her talent, she made Geralt do a bit of running around and act as an archer's target in a bizarre ordeal. Luckily, everything worked out and in the end our hero earned the gratitude of a true master armoress, who promised to forge him the best plate in the world.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Ask if Fergus is a master armorer
- Get blacksmith's tools frun Undvik
- Defeat the troll
- Bring the tools to Fergus
- Find a master armorer in Velen
- Decide if you trust Yoana
- Get gland acid from an archgriffin
- Take the gland acid to Yoana
- Talk to Fergus
Notes[edit | edit source]
In the Blood and Wine expansion, one of the knights at the Internation Knight's Tournament is wearing Fergus' botched armor.