The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
|Where is Triss Merigold?|
Margot's Disappearance is a quest in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This quest goes alongside with Where is Triss Merigold? if Geralt sides with Roche during the encounter with Letho at the ruined elven baths. Upon returning to the village, Geralt finds Dandelion at the Inn and the two go to Síle's room to try to find Triss. There they find a peephole from the brothel room next door.
They rush next door and find Derae there. She reluctantly tells them that she and Margot witnessed some of the events next door and that Margot has not been seen since.
If Geralt decides to go downstairs to find Margot, what he finds instead is the Madame, hanging, having left a note. Otherwise, he can run straight to Cedric and never find the note.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt looked for any sign of Triss in Síle's room and soon realised the room was being spied on from the neighboring brothel through a peephole in the wall. He rushed to the pleasure den and met Derae, a prostitute who, just like Madame Margot, was into voyeurism. With a little encouragement, the lady told him everything she managed to espy, but whenever the most important matters were discussed in Síle's room, Margot was the one at the peephole. Derae did not know what had happened to the Madame. Worried about the fate of the honorable matron, I ran to the lower level as fast as I could, not caring whether the Witcher followed me.
- If Geralt searches Margot's room:
- After a quick search, I learned of Margot's fate. The Madame of Flotsam - a woman respected and even adored by much of her clientele - had take her own life. She could not bear the thought her collaboration with Iorveth would come to light. She chose death instead. There was only one other person within our reach that knew what had happened to Triss Merigold - an elf called Cedric.
- If Geralt doesn't search Margot's room:
- At that time Geralt rushed straight to Cedric. He did not see the hanged woman or read her farewell letter. And as I'm telling you the story of the Witcher and not the Madame of Flotsam, I will not go into any further details.