The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Little Shop of Dreams
|"Little Shop of Dreams"|
|The Scent of Incense|
Little Shop of Dreams is a quest in The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
This quest is triggered after Geralt accepts the The Scent of Incense quest from Vencel Pugg. On his way to the shop to get the recipe, he encounters a group of villagers who are gathered in front of the local herbalist in Flotsam Town Square.
He speaks to them and one of them, Matilda Szabo, says that the merchant is not selling incense, but a strong drug, and she asks the witcher to stop him.
If Geralt agrees, he must then go and speak with the Herbalist. During that conversation, he has the option to use the Axii hex or Intimidation on the Herbalist in order to get the real recipe from him and put him out of business, or he can agree to take a "similar (fake) recipe".
If Geralt puts him out of business, the villagers give him his "handsome reward": 20 orens.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- In Flotsam's town square, Geralt met some inhabitants protesting against a shopkeeper for selling dubious herbs. As you know, witchers and herbalists always meet aversion, but in this case it turned out a little different. The protester's leader Matilda Szabo, asked Geralt to make the shopkeeper close his business.
- Our hero used his diplomatic talents again. The witcher convinced the owner of the shop to close his stinking business then returned to Matilda Szabo to be rewarded for his efforts.
- The reward gladdened the eye and loaded the moneybag nicely. Geralt moved along to spread justice and prosperity. All right, he went off to do his job.
Note[edit | edit source]
- If Geralt completes this quest, the shop is permanently closed down, so no further trading is possible.
- If you decide that the incense shop must be closed down, remember to ask Vilmos Bartok for the formula for the incense that Vencel Pugg required. You can accept either the real formula or the false.
- At the dialogue choice tree, select the option "Do you deal drugs" first BEFORE asking about the formula, if Geralt succeeds in the persuade check immediately afterwards, the shop will be closed down and Geralt will automatically ask for the real formula before concluding the conversation.
- Once that the shop is closed, Bartok will not be available as a merchant any more. Remember to buy from him all the alchemical formulae and all the ingredients you need before completing the quest.
- If you decide to allow Vilmos to continue selling his incense, the quest will not immediately fail, though Mathilda Szabo won't be pleased. However, after completing either At a Crossroads: Vernon Roche or At a Crossroads: Scoia'tael, it will.