Lilac and Gooseberries
|This article is about the quest in The Witcher 3. For the achievement, see Lilac and Gooseberries (achievement).|
"Lilac and Gooseberries"
|None (NG+: 31)|
Royal Palace in Vizima
|500 / ??|
|The Beast of White Orchard|
The Incident at White Orchard
Lilac and Gooseberries is the first main quest in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Yennefer had contacted Geralt - finally. They had not seen each other in years. And then she'd sent him a letter, smelling of lilac and gooseberries, of course, asking him to meet her in the village of Willoughby. "About a matter of great importance," she had written.
- So as was his wont when it came to all things Yennefer, the witcher raced off at breakneck speed. Alas, he arrived too late. Passing armies had razed Willoughby to the ground. Yennefer was nowhere in sight. With the help of Vesemir, whom Geralt had encountered along the way, Geralt picked up her trail, which the two witchers then followed. Yen had ridden north, traversing wild lands and battlefields at great speed. She was in a hurry. Perhaps she was in trouble...
- Ultimately it was Yennefer who found Geralt. The one-time lovers had not even a moment to enjoy their reunion, for Yennefer insisted they ride to Vizima as quickly as possible. The emperor of Nilfgaard awaited them there. Though Temeria's former capital was but a few miles from White Orchard, the journey was to be rife with drama...
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Follow Vesemir
- Kill the ghouls
- Go to the tavern in White Orchard
- Ask travelers about Yennefer
- Ask the Nilfgaardians about Yennefer
- Complete the griffin contract
- Prepare to leave White Orchard with Vesemir
Video[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
The name of this quest is a reference to Yennefer's signature scent.