Letter from Regis
|Letter from Regis|
Item needed to complete a quest.
|Quest items / Books|
|Parting gift from Regis.|
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Dear Geralt,
- If you are reading these words, it means I am already far beyond the borders of Toussaint and you have found my Mutagenerator. (Of course, you may dub this instrument however you like, perhaps something more fitting to your taste or better reflecting its function, for I have no doubt your knowledge on the subject of mutagens is far more profound and thorough than mine!)
- I have been working on this device in my spare time, but now it is finished and I am convinced – as convinced as an inventor can be before his invention has been used as intended – of the usefulness of this apparatus.
- You are surely wondering what function it is meant to serve. As the name indicates, the Mutagenerator generates mutagens. It operates by absorbing electromagical energy waves from bodies (in this case, the bodies of the monsters and evil-doers you kill) – and when it has absorbed enough so as to be charged a critical amount, the Mutagenerator changes the stored energy into a Greater Mutagen – which, I suspect, you will make good use of.
- As you surely understand, I am an amateur engineer, which is why you must forgive the lack of an ability for you to direct this operation. Which mutagen emerges as a result is determined at random, meaning chance will decide if it is a Green, Red or Blue Mutagen. Chance – yet I have noted the colors tend to alternate, by and large.
I trust you shall find my gift useful.
- Your dearly devoted friend,
Emiel Regis Rohellec Terzieff-Godefroy
- P.S. You might be wondering why I decided to toss the Mutagenerator into your home instead of simply handing it to you in person. Well, you must know I did it out of modesty. Believe it or not.
Take care, Geralt – and may my gift serve you well.