The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Keira Metz in The Witcher 3
|Foltest's Royal Council, Lodge of Sorceresses|
|Carreras, Vizima, Velen, Kaer Morhen|
Keira Metz is a petite, blonde sorceress from Carreras, who likes to wear an ankh pendant. She is an advisor to King Foltest of Temeria, along with Triss Merigold and Fercart. She is of a very fiery nature and quite fearless. She makes aphrodisiacs and is considered to be a nymphomaniac, at least by Sabrina Glevissig.
|“||Before the Witcher had regained the power of speech, a short, slim sorceress, with long, straight, straw-coloured hair came over to him. He recognised her at once - she was the one in the horned agama skin slippers and the green tulle top, which didn't even cover a minor detail like the small mole above her left breast.||”|
— pg(s). 128-129, Time of Contempt (UK edition)
During the coup on Thanedd Island, she was literally hurled out of a window by Artaud Terranova, landing on Geralt who was passing below looking for Ciri. Later, Keira became one of the youngest members of the newly formed Lodge of Sorceresses.
Keira features in The Witcher 3. Due the political and religious backlash against mages and sorceresses after the chaos in Loc Muinne, she is in hiding from the wrath of King Radovid's witch hunters. Geralt must seek her assistance during the search for Ciri.
On his travels, Geralt learns that Ciri quarrelled with a witch, while she wandered through Velen, after some asking around, this leads him to the small village of Midcopse and their "village" witch, who turns out to be Keira Metz.
Depending on Geralt's choices, Keira either dies at his hands or on the pyre, if she goes to King Radovid with the notes of mage Alexander from Fyke Island. Alternatively, Geralt can persuade her to go to Kaer Morhen, where she later will join in the battle against the Wild Hunt. If she does so, she will become the lover of Witcher Lambert.
Of course, Geralt can romance Keira too, after he completes a few quests for the sorceress. This does not affect her later decision to be with Lambert, if she goes to Kaer Morhen.
She also sells every runestone and glyph as well as most potions, including the potion of clearance, oil and bomb formulae and a wide selection of alchemical ingredients.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Geralt first met  Keira Metz when she literally dropped on top of him out of nowhere. During the infamous coup on Thanedd Island, Keira was defenestrated and nearly landed right on the witcher's head. The next time Geralt saw her, in the swamps of Velen, was shocking in a different way - the luxury-loving sorceress was the last person he expected to see in such a grim and barren place.
- Geralt later learned the reason for this, and Keira's fate gave him ample fodder for contemplating the cruel whimsies of the wheel of furtune. Once the esteemed advisor to the now late King Foltest, she had been chased out of Temeria when she lost that ruler's trust. Later she joined the Lodge of Sorceresses, which earned her the hatred of Redania's king and Nilfgaard's emperor alike. Because of this, she had gone deep undercover, posing as a cunning woman, a village witch of sorts, deep in the Velen boondocks. It was not at all difficult to tell that she despised every minute of this.
- Keira had never stopped longing for the luster of life at a royal court. Thatch-roofed huts could hardly compare to elegant ballrooms and palace gardens. One day she decided to organize an interlude from Velen's grim atmosphere by treating herself to a sumptuous meal.
- Acquiring the refined ingredients proved less trouble than finding an appropriate dinner partner – that is, until Geralt showed up. The witcher gladly accepted the sorceress' invitation –and continued saying yes all evening.
- Sadly, an evening that started out so nicely ended quite unfortunately for the witcher. Keira put him to sleep with a secretly cast spell. Clearly, she wanted to hide something from him...
- It turned out that Keira had played the witcher like a well-tuned harp, strumming all the right chords to keep him occupied while she stole the mage Alexander's notes from Fyke Isle. She was planning to use the notes as a bargaining chip while making a deal with Radovid. His plague research could be her ticket back to life without lice, ticks and omnipresent filth.
- If Geralt convinces Keira to go to Kaer Morhen:
- In the end Geralt succeeded in squelching Keira's mad plan to bargain with a man whose favorite negotiating tools were red-hot pincers and burning pyres. Keira changed her destination from Oxenfurt to the decidedly safer confines of Kaer Morhen.
- If Geralt is forced to kill Keira:
- Keira was determined to get her way, but Geralt could not allow her to carry out her plans. Both refused to budge, leading to a fight in which Keira Metz lost her life.
- In Time of Contempt, Geralt met Keira earlier at the banquet, before the Thanedd-Coup happened. So their first meeting wasn't, when she fell from a window during the coup.
Associated quests[edit | edit source]
- Hunting a Witch
- Wandering in the Dark
- Magic Lamp
- An Invitation from Keira Metz
- A Towerful of Mice
- A Favor for a Friend
- For the Advancement of Learning
- The Battle of Kaer Morhen (only, if Geralt has successfully convinced Keira)
- Blood on the Battlefield (only, if Geralt has successfully convinced Keira)
Keira is mentioned by ambassador Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen, as one of the sorceresses accused to be a member af the conspiracy that facilitated the murders of King Demavend and Foltest. She is also sentenced to death, as well as the other members of the Lodge of Sorceresses.
In The Witcher computer game[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Keira is terribly afraid of rats. In the quest "Wandering in the Dark" she ends up in a rat nest, due to a disturbance with her portal. While she is standing there screaming, it is Geralt's task to destroy the rats and their nests. For some reason, this "fear" seems not to include white mice, which she uses for a spell.
- In Time of Contempt, Keira refuses Geralt's offered wine at the banquet on Thanedd, because she wants to become "pregnant" this very night. Sabrina Glevissig then scoffs at her, so the matter isn't mentioned anymore.