The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
|Golden oriole potions|
|Silver basilisk trophy (only if you choose to kill her)|
Iocaste, a.k.a. the "Great White Terror", is a silver basilisk and quite possibly the very last of her kind.
Associated quest[edit | edit source]
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- You want a fine pair of boots, you say? Bring me the hide of a silver basilisk, and I’ll make you boots the whole world will envy.
– Anatole Vizholy, shoemaker from Beauclair
- Geralt always liked looking at things that don’t exist. Be it a vampire with a human heart or the last basilisk of a species that no scholar has classified, discovering something thought not to be there to be discovered caused him great pleasure. That is why he took an interest in a contract which, at first glance, seemed banal, but proved to be very intriguing. It concerned the last basilisk of the nearly-extinct species Regulus Platinum.
- The thin scales covering silver basilisks are thinner than those of their more common brethren, making them thereby easier to burn. The Igni Sign will thus prove very useful in a fight against one of their number.
- Yet one must be especially wary of the monsters’ venom, which is much stronger than that found in their widespread kin.
- If Geralt spares the basilisk:
- In the end, Geralt decided not to kill the basilisk, for who in his right mind would raise his sword against a living legend?
- If Geralt kills the basilisk:
- Geralt decided to kill the basilisk, the witcher trade not being one that makes room for sentiment.
- He thus eliminated the last member of a species which now could definitively be classified as extinct.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Beware the White Terror!|
Danger zone. Do not enter.
Any losses of life or property will be compensated by Count Borhis di Salvaress.