Incineration (critical effect)

From Witcher Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

In The Witcher computer game[edit | edit source]

Incineration Incineration is a critical effect with the following characteristics:
  • Continuous loss of vitality.
  • Active dodging of opponent attacks blocked.
  • Ability to parry enemy attacks blocked.
  • Special manoeuvres disabled.
  • Sign use blocked.
  • Susceptibility to Blinding critical effect increased.

Because opponents cannot dodge attacks while incinerated, this makes even a very agile opponent vulnerable to strong attack styles. The strong silver style is particularly effective against incinerated monsters, if one also puts skill points into Patinado (I, II, III).

Weapons[edit | edit source]

The following weapons all increase incineration as a critical effect:

Incineration boosters[edit | edit source]

Attribute / Item Provides resistance Increases chance of inflicting
Dexterity (level 1) Dexterity (level 2) Dexterity (level 3) Limit Incineration Dexterity (level 4) Incineration ResistanceDexterity (level 5)
yes
The Torcher
yes
Incineration Burning Blade Extended Duration
yes
Sun rune
yes

Opponents[edit | edit source]

Ifrits and Hellhounds actually use incineration against Geralt.

Opponent Immune Resistant Susceptible
Frighteners
are immune
not susceptible
Golems
are immune
not susceptible
Hellhounds
are immune
not susceptible
Ifrits
are immune
not susceptible
Kikimore queens
are immune
not susceptible
Kikimore warriors
are immune
not susceptible
Dagon worshippers
not immune
are resistant
Koshcheys
not immune
are resistant
Werewolves
not immune
are resistant
Archespores
not immune
not resistant
are susceptible
Bloedzuigers
not immune
not resistant
are susceptible
Echinopsae
not immune
not resistant
are susceptible
Strigas
not immune
not resistant
are susceptible
Zeugls
not immune
not resistant
are susceptible

In The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings[edit | edit source]

Incineration

Opponents[edit | edit source]

Potions[edit | edit source]

  • Brock, decreases resistance -50% but increases chance of inflicting with Igni +15%
  • Golden oriole, increases resistance +30%
  • Maribor forest, decreases chance of inflicting -25%
  • Virga, increases resistance +75% but decreases chance of inflicting -25%
  • Wolf, increases chance of inflicting +15% and chance of inflicting with Igni +32%

Weapons[edit | edit source]

Items[edit | edit source]

Armor[edit | edit source]