The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
A godling (Polish: bożątko) is a small creature that resembles a human child, only with big bright, yellow eyes and pale blue skin. Godlings live in woody areas and can be easily confused with a bucca or a lutin.
Associated quests[edit | edit source]
- Bald Mountain
- Contract: Skellige's Most Wanted
- Haunted House
- Ladies of the Wood
- Return to Crookback Bog
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Not too long ago the areas around peasant hamlets were chock full of guardian spirits. Today it's nigh unto impossible to spot a brownie, bucca or lutin. And godlings, they are always the first to go. Such is the price we pay for civilization's forward march.
- — From the preface to "The World We Have Lost," by Professor Dorregaray
- Godlings (sometimes mistaken for lutin) are woodland creatures dwelling in burrows and moss-covered hollow stumps on the outskirts of human settlements. They are similar to children in behavior and appearance, and, like children, delight in mischief. Godlings are deeply rooted in their home territory and perform acts of care and guardianship to those dwelling near their burrows. They watch over people as well as animals, but, shy creatures by nature, they try to do so while remaining unseen. Godlings are drawn to joy and innocence, and so delight in the company of children and usually only show themselves to the young.
- These hard-working and clever creatures gladly perform small services for those in their care, asking only for respect and payment in the form of food or cast-off tools in return. They are easily offended by churlish, ungrateful or simply rude behavior. Godlings also treasure their peace and quiet. When the village a godling watches over becomes too populous or its inhabitants forget the old ways, it will abandon its burrow for good and walk off to destinations unknown.
Notable godlings[edit | edit source]
- Johnny in the woods of Velen, the dangerous No Man's Land, and
- Sara in Novigrad, one of the largest cities of the North.
- an unnamed godling near Fyresdal
Unnamed godling near Fyresdal