The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
It was declared in Riverdell, as a symbol of its members' commitment to the cause of finding and rescuing Ciri. Whereas up to this moment the companions considered themselves or each other more or less a rag-tag group of free agents, from this point on they became a unit, a singular entity with a common goal, supporting and depending on each other, under Geralt's leadership.
The rest of the party, with the exception of Geralt (and Dandelion), died during the assault on Stygga castle.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each of the members of the hanza had their own reason for following Geralt:
- Milva wanted to deal with her regrets, she felt she had neglected her unborn child.
- Cahir fell in love with Ciri and hence wanted her safety.
- Angoulême wanted to pay off her debt of honour.
- Cahir explains that the word Hanza (or Hassa) derives from the Nilfgaardian phrase "aen hanse" meaning "an armed gang, but one linked by bonds of friendship".
- The declarations of membership made by the party members resemble a similar oath that the Fellowship of The Ring made in Rivendell, in The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.