The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Fringilla Vigo in Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
|Lodge of Sorceresses|
|Artorius Vigo (paternal uncle)|
Fringilla Vigo is a Nilfgaardian sorceress and a member of the Lodge of Sorceresses along with her fellow countrywoman, Assire var Anahid. She is also the second cousin of Anna Henrietta of Toussaint. She is a woman with natural grace, green eyes and close-cropped black hair. She participated in the Battle of Sodden Hill, during which she blinded Yennefer.
When Geralt and his party reached Toussaint, Fringilla embarked on a romantic relationship with Geralt and did everything in her power to keep him from leaving the castle. While the witcher did develop some feelings for her, he never quite was able to put Yennefer out of his mind, even going so far as to use Yennefer's name instead of Fringilla's in the throes of passion.
In The Witcher computer game
At the beginning of Chapter V, if Geralt speaks to Antoinette in the King's Hall, she mentions that she recognizes Geralt because in her home town many years ago, she saw him dancing all night with a sorceress that he was very fond of. Geralt doubts this due to his inability to dance. Antoinette questions if all Witcher's have white hair; Geralt says he is the only one, and she says she must be confused because she remembers him dancing with a sorceress. This is most likely a reference to Geralt's dance with Fringilla during the party at Anna Henrietta's castle.
Fringilla is mentioned by ambassador Shilard Fitz-Oesterlen, as one of the sorceresses accused of being a member of the conspiracy that facilitated the murders of King Demavend and Foltest. She is also sentenced to death, as well as the other members of the Lodge of Sorceresses.
Imprisoned by Emperor Emhyr var Emreis due to her treasonous connections with the Lodge, Fringilla is sought after by her former associates, along with Geralt, in their bid to defy and defeat the Wild Hunt.
- Emperor Emhyr had once presented the mages of Nilfgaard with a simple choice: either serve their country unquestionably or die in prison.
- Fringilla Vigo, a mistress of magic holding office in the vassal duchy of Toussaint, refused both options and instead joined the infamous Lodge of Sorceresses, whose aim was to stand up to the dictates of kings and emperors. These bold ambitions were never fulfilled, however, and Fringilla Vigo lived in fear that her ties to this subversive organization would be discovered and she would meet a quick end at the hands of the emperor's executioners.
- One must mention here that Geralt first met Fringilla at the ducal palace in Beauclair many years ago, when we were there enjoying the hospitality of my one-time love, Duchess Anna Henrietta. The witcher, always a sucker for sorceresses, conjoined with Madame Vigo during this time in a quite lively relationship that surely was no cause of joy for Triss or Yennefer.
- All indications were that Fringilla had been arrested and remained in a Nilfgaardian prison, undoubtedly awaiting execution for acts of high treason.
- She was later released, however, thanks to a bargain Yennefer had struck with Emhyr.
|Saving Fringilla||Talking to Fringilla|
- There is a Gwent card bearing her likeness.
- The command "addfact(sq306_completed)" enables an additional dialogue with Fringilla about Cantarella. For unknown reason it doesn't work automatically if the High Stakes quest is completed.
- Fringilla is latin and means finch. It's also the name of a small group of european finches.