Friendly HUD is a mod for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. This mod offers a lot of options to configure HUD modules as well as adds 3D markers for quest and NPC tracking and makes several improvements to game menus. You can use all of the options mod has or turn the ones you don't need off.
About[edit | edit source]
Switching some parts of the HUD off allows for more immersive gameplay. But playing without minimap or healthbar can be as painful under certain circumstances as it's fantastic while just exploring the world. This mod offers a lot of options to configure HUD modules as well as adds 3D markers for quest and NPC tracking and makes several improvements to game menus. You can use all of the options mod has or turn the ones you don't need off.
The mod doesn't change any of the balance aspects of the game and only provides pieces of information to the player he/she already has access to. By installing it you won't be making the game easier or unrealistic, it's an UI mod, which aims to improve quality of life and immersion.
Note: This mod doesn't change your save files, so installing or uninstalling it in the middle of playthrough is safe.
Installation[edit | edit source]
Unification patch is required for this mod to work properly.
It is now recommended to use The Witcher 3 Mod Manager to install the mod. It handles installing the mod itself, the menu, the hotkeys and user settings automatically. All you need to do is run the Script Merger to fix script conflicts with another mod(s), if you have any.
You can uninstall the mod fully with one click using TW3 Mod Manager.
For manual install/uninstall instructions, please, refer to the readme file.
No matter which install method you prefer, read the readme file for mod defaults and configuration explanations!
Changes[edit | edit source]
Non-intrusive customizable HUD[edit | edit source]
- Smart HUD: turn off all HUD modules for clean uncluttered view during exploration and the mod will automatically show different groups of modules when they're needed - when in combat, losing vitality or using witcher senses, etc.
- Quick access to hidden HUD modules with "hold to see" and "pin it" features: holding a hotkey shows corresponding group of modules and releasing it hides it; holding "pin module" modifier key pins corresponding group of modules until you unpin it. Hotkeys can overlap with corresponding vanilla menu hotkeys (as menus are accessed by pressing a key not holding it), so you don't need to keep in mind dozens of new key bindings.
- An option to hide journal updates HUD module - the one that shows updated quest name, quest items received, books received, level up and other quest related messages and can never be switched off using vanilla menu.
- 3D markers for map locations and NPCs: shows map/minimap markers as icons in game world. Can be used instead of minimap or along with it. There are a lot of options to configure markers' appearance as well as when and which markers to show.
- Non-intrusive Skyrim like compass: can be used instead of minimap (or along with it) and together with 3D markers.
- Configurable interaction markers and text: switch talk bubble/text over NPCs heads on and off or switch all interaction buttons/text off completely.
- Quest markers for quest NPCs: fixes vanilla bug (or weird feature) with not displaying quest markers for NPCs if you're not tracking their specific quest. Can be switched off.
- Configurable zoom levels for minimap. By default minimap is zoomed out twice compared to vanilla.
Quality of life features[edit | edit source]
- Quick access to potions, bombs and oils via Radial Menu using hotkeys/WASD/controller D-Pad.
- Quick switching between crossbow and latest used bomb.
- Pause game at any time you like, even in dialogs and cutscenes (except prerendered movies).
Menu enhancements[edit | edit source]
- Access main menu whenever you need it, even from dialogs and cutscenes/prerendered movies.
- Configurable zoom values for map menu with an ability to switch unlimited zoom on (already enabled by default).
- Configurable default inventory tab * choose which tab will be selected when opening inventory menu.
- New item marker for junk, crafting and edibles never shows up and all such items are automatically marked as being seen already (can be switched off).
- True item price and price comparison while bartering is shown beside buying/selling price as well as how many of this item you already have (in stash and total).
- Recycling parts you get when dismantling an item are shown in item description.
- New recipes and crafting schematics are now marked with asterisks making them easier to find.
- Patch 1.22 feature where you can buy crafting ingredients from blacksmiths directly while examining crafting schematic in crafting menu is added to alchemists: you can now buy alchemy ingredients from alchemists directly while examining alchemy recipe in alchemy menu.
- Patch 1.22 feature where you can split stack of items when moving it to stash was improved: you can now also split stack of items when moving it from stash back into your inventory.
- Selectable main menu animation (default, random, base game, HoS, B&W).
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- An option to disable sound notification on journal update.
- An option to pause cat effect outside of caves and to unpause it at night.