Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Forgotten Species: The Protofleder
|Forgotten Species: The Protofleder|
Read for additional information.
|Loot / Purchase|
Price to buy
Price to sell
|2 – 3|
Copies of this book can be found in the following locations:
- The Ruddy Brush Auberge in Fox Hollow
- One of the houses around the wine festival marketplace, east-northeast of The Pheasantry in Hauteville.
- In one of five houses north of the Temple Cemetery (×2).
- One of two houses north-northeast of the Herb Store in Hauteville.
- In a house near Henris Gras Square in Hauteville.
- In house around The Gran'place (×3).
- In a house in San Sebastian (×3).
- Gélenser Farm.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- If you take a fleder and magnify all of its most primitive traits, you will get a protofleder. This beast, the fleder's distant ancestor, arrived here from a parallel sphere centuries past, yet, unlike the fleder, has remained untouched by any post-Conjunction evolutionary processes. In our time protofleders are extremely rare, the more suitably adapted fleders having taken over their niche in our biosphere.
- Protofleders are thus lesser vampires. Their massive, wide jaws constitute their main weapons, their sharp claws coming in a close second.
- Similarly to their more developed cousins, protofleders rely on their instincts rather than intelligence and are quite sensitive to the scent of blood. All the usual means of fighting vampires, such as vampire oil, Black Blood, and silver weapons, apply to them as well.