The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
|Blood and Wine|
|Doren Alma Estate|
|Gaston at the roadside southwest of Gelenser Farm.|
|250 / 300 |
Ancient elven sword
Extreme Cosplay is a secondary quest in the Blood and Wine expansion.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes traveling can be deadly dull – nothing but the slow crawl of the horizon, the sun beating down on your neck and the chirping of crickets. Other times, however, it can be surprisingly eventful, as a certain Gaston, a simple merchant from Toussaint, learned for himself when he happened across a mortally wounded man by the roadside. Though he provided aid as quickly as he could, the mysterious man soon bled to death. Right as he did, up walked the hero of my tale, Geralt.
- Though Geralt usually works alone, he made an exception in this case and agreed to let Gaston accompany him. Together they set off following the dead man's tracks towards a residence in which all seemed calm and quiet. Yet once they entered, they found overturned tables, cracked dishes and... more bodies. Luckily, the owner of the villa, Durand Faucher-Plamondon de Savarin, had survived the massacre and was able to tell them what had happened. It seemed Durand and his companions from the Society of Friends of the History of Toussaint had accidentally summoned some kind of monster. Geralt knew his duty was to draw the beast there again and exterminate it before it could shed more blood.
- This story had a surprising finale. They discovered the massacre had been committed by.... elven statues. Durand had purchased these a few weeks prior. They were in truth golems, meant to be part of a trap set by the last elven ruler of Toussaint, Divethaf, to take out his vanquisher and tormentor, King Ludovic. Divethaf's trap was never sprung, so his golems slept through the centuries, undisturbed until Durand repeated a formula during an act of historic reconstruction and they awoke...
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Follow the tracks of the murdered man using your Witcher Senses.
- Investigate the estate grounds using your Witcher Senses.
- Use your Witcher Senses to follow the smell of burning.
- Light all the lamps in the garden. (6)
- Take a loaf of elven bread.
- Place an offering of elven bread in front of Durand's throne.
- Take a bottle of elven wine.
- Place an offering of elven wine in front of Durand's throne.
- Pick up an elven shield.
- Pick up an elven sword.
- Draw the elven sword and shield.
- Kneel before Durand.
- Defeat the living statues. (12 )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Geralt can object to Gaston accompanying him into this mystery. But Gaston is afraid of any monsters in the area, so will tag along none-the-less.
- The building where Durand took refuge is furnished, but the door to those quarters stays locked to Geralt.
- The Doren Alma Estate cannot be entered again after this quest, Extreme Cosplay, has been completed.
- The elven mages are particularly difficult to defeat. One useful tactic is throwing Dimeritium bombs.