The Witcher character statistics
|This article is about The Witcher. For The Witcher 2, see The Witcher 2 character attributes. For The Witcher 3, see The Witcher 3 character statistics.|
Vitality [edit | edit source]
Vitality (sometimes referred to as "hit points"), indicated by the red bar, drops as damage is incurred. If the red bar reaches zero, Geralt dies. A grey screen and (very) audible heart beats warn you of dangerously low vitality.
Vitality is restored over time, very slowly though. Recover more quickly by meditating or drinking potions.
- Developing Strength is paramount here.
- Swallow accelerates its regeneration.
- Any Rubedo-enchanced potion will also help.
- White Raffard's Decoction gives an instant boost, but is highly toxic.
- Food provides 9 minutes of "weak" vitality regeneration each time an item is consumed.
Endurance [edit | edit source]
Geralt's endurance, indicated by the yellow bar, drops each time he uses a sign. He can not cast signs when his endurance is too low. In fistfights, blocking also siphons Geralt's endurance; reaching zero, Geralt can not block.
Endurance is restored over time. Use potions to help with its regeneration.
- Developing Stamina is the basic strategy.
- Tawny owl accelerates its regeneration.
- Maribor Forest significantly increases its maximum level.
- Non-alcoholic beverages give 9 minutes of slightly accelerated endurance regeneration each.
Toxicity [edit | edit source]
Toxicity, indicated by the green bar, increases with each potion consumed. Excessive toxicity adversely affects Geralt's abilities and may even lead to his demise. When toxicity is reaching a dangerous level, "red sparkles" (blood) begin to appear in the field of view, like Geralt is beginning to hallucinate. This is generally a very good indication that it is time to detox.
When toxicity exceeds a certain threshhold (around 60-70), Geralt will lose a sizeable portion of his vitality after drinking a potion. If toxicity ever reaches 100, Geralt will die on the spot.
Toxicity is reduced over time, very gradually though.
- Meditation detoxifies completely, usually an hour is sufficient, except for drunkenness, which can take several hours to "cure" see Wives' Tears for an instant cure.
- White Honey also detoxifies, but removes all current potion effects as well!
- Ritual of Purification removes all current potion effects.
- The Level 5 Stamina attribute Potion Tolerance is also helpful.