|Kingdom of Ebbing|
Form of government
|autonomous kingdom dependent on Nilfgaardian Empire|
Head of State
Ebbing is an autonomous kingdom dependent on the Nilfgaardian Empire. Located in the south of the empire, bordering the Great Sea to the west, Metinna to the north and Maecht to the east. The kingdom also borders with the duchy of Salm which is sort of dependent on it.
The vast majority of the kingdom's territory is marked by the rivers Velda, Lete and Arete which conjoin in the swampy region called Pereplut. Somewhere to the south of lies a mountain range where the abandoned Stygga Citadel is located.
The annexation of Ebbing in 1239 marks the beginning of the Northern Wars in the Nilfgaardian historiography.
Heraldry[edit | edit source]
The coat of arms for Ebbing is never actually described in the books. These particular coats of arms were created basing on the work of our resident heraldry and Witcher expert Mboro and illustrators of Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni.
Known Ebbingers and residents[edit | edit source]
- Roegner of Ebbing (or rather "de Salm"), the later king of Cintra
- the royal quadruplets: Putzi, Mitzi, Gritzi and Juan Pablo Vassermiller
- Vysogota of Corvo, who fled to the Pereplut swamp and created a hermitage there
- Dominik Bombastus Houvenaghel, the owner of the arena at Claremont
- Esterhazy, the armorer of Fano
- Pennycuick, the mayor of Claremont
- Matylda de Nementh-Uyvar, marquise from Ebbing