The Witcher wiki now has a light themed alternative for the wiki skin. To check it out, go to Special:Preferences, then choose the "Appearance" tab and click on the radio button next to "Hydra".
Ermion's laboratory in Kaer Trolde keep
Earth elemental mutagen
Associated quests[edit | edit source]
- Guarded treasures
- The King is Dead – Long Live the King
- Scavenger Hunt: Bear School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 3
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 3
- Wandering in the Dark
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- How to survive an encounter with an earth element? Simple. Run. Fast as you can.
- — Nino Murk, bounty hunter
- Earth elementals are made of mud, clay, sand and rock dust clumped together with water and brought alive with magic. While seemingly slow and ponderous, there creatures are nevertheless dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.
- Earth elementals can withstand a tremendous amount of punishment. Due to their enormous mass they are virtually impossible to knock off balance. They do not bleed nor do they feel any pain from poison or fire.
- They kill men with astonishing ease – whether by smashing them with their fists or hurling enormous stones at them. Their only weakness is their vulnerability to dimeritium dust – thus, before combat, one should prepare a full arsenal of bombs containing said ingredient.
|Immune to poison and bleeding attempts.|
|massive blows with its heavy arms|
Red meteorite ore
Yellow meteorite ore
Blue meteorite ore
There is an Earth elemental labeled as "golem" in the cave under the Kaedweni camp near the shore by the Nilfgaardian camp, in Chapter II. You can find it by exploring the caves while searching for Triss. Another one can be found in Kingslayers' hideout.
It is not particularly difficult to kill, unlike the golem in the original game, neither is it a monster boss of any kind. When it dies, it drops an Elemental stone and you can loot all the trunks and containers it guarded. In one of them, you can find the Armor of Ban Ard.
Journal entry[edit | edit source]
- The earth elemental is the younger brother of the legendary d'ao, the genie capable of creating earthquakes and flattening mountains. Younger, and less powerful, but also more mischievous. Felling trees, crushing walls and smashing people to pulp can be counted among this creature's pranks. But only if their master allows it, of course.
- The earth elemental always serves its summoner faithfully. It is most often employed as a guard, as it is tireless and always vigilant. It does have senses as living beings do, but it always recognizes the presence of intruders. It has no fear of monsters, let alone humans.
- This monster's most dangerous weapons are its mighty arms. A blow from the earth elemental is akin to a battering ram hitting a city gate, and turns a normal human into a bloody stain. Its ripostes are especially dangerous, for this apparently sluggish creature can strike swiftly as well as strongly. Thus one has to defend oneself against its blows with all available means, including potions and Signs. According to the "fight fire with fire" rule – or rather the “fight strength with strength” – one should also use strong blows against the elemental, since only such attacks can grind its stone body down.
- The earth elemental's body is solid rock, so the creature cannot be poisoned or blooded. It is best to summon a team of dwarven miners to use pickaxes on it until its done for. However if the witcher has no such team at hand, he should use regular means. The earth elemental, though it has no weaknesses, can be beaten.