Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
There are several opportunities (some might say necessities) for drinking contests in The Witcher. Geralt's stamina will be put to the test. These contests usually involve some goal, though what that goal is may not be clear on the onset. It is usually worthwhile, but I would recommend having either a place to sleep handy, or better still, Wives' Tears on hand for the aftermath.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Participate in drinking contests to gain information and rewards.
- Left-click the "drink" icon in dialogues to choose a beverage and begin drinking.
- Continue drinking until Geralt's rival gives up (otherwise Geralt winds up passed out and you have lost).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Characters often have drink preferences and may refuse anything but their favoured beverage. Outdrink your opponent but take care not to pass out.
- Use beer wherever and whenever possible.
- Drinking contests are one of four mini-games within the main game.
Notable drinking contests[edit | edit source]
- Odo — necessary for the story.
- Thaler — next to Geralt, he is the champion, he takes nine beers!
- Dandelion — necessary for Dandelion's Lute quest.
- The Messenger at The Hairy Bear — necessary for the story.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Zoltan Chivay in the Outskirts Inn, yields a diamond worth 60 .
- Drunkard in the Outskirts Inn, yields The Tome of Fear and Loathing, Volume I book.
- Yamo Ryeboozer, the boozer at The Hairy Bear.
- Coleman, at The Hairy Bear, not that there is any reward.
- Conrad, at The Hairy Bear, not that there is any reward.
- Erkin von Blunt during the posh reception.
- The rich merchant in the alcove during the posh reception, unofficial as there is no drinking contest icon.